Rixt van der Veen
- Assistant Professor, Child and Family Studies, Leiden University (October 2014 - present). Interest in the influence of early life stress and interventions during adolescence on later life (social) functioning. Current project: Experiences in sensitive periods: Effects on social competence. In collaboration with Prof. Dr. M.J. Kranenburg-Bakermans, Prof. Dr. M.H. van IJzendoorn, , Prof. Dr. M. Joëls.
- Postdoctoral researcher, UMC Utrecht, Rudolf Magnus Brain Center, Translational neuroscience (October 2013 – September 2014). Prof. Dr. M. Joëls. Interest in the influence of early life stress and interventions during adolescence on later life (social) functioning. Project: Experiences in sensitive periods: Effects on attention and behavioral control.
- Postdoctoral researcher, Child and Family Studies, Leiden University (November 2011 – September 2013). Prof. Dr. M.J. Kranenburg-Bakermans, Prof. Dr. M.H. van IJzendoorn. Project: Using the infant simulator in cry-research: validation and relations with child-abuse and trauma. The role of oxytocin in parenting: validation of a novel ‘baby social reward task’.
- Postdoctoral researcher, Medical pharmacology (LACDR/LUMC), Leiden University, (March 2008- October 2011). Prof. Dr. ER de Kloet. Project: Novel susceptibility pathways for psychosis: Individual differences in psychostimulant sensitization. This work explored drugable pathways that underlie the individual susceptibility to the sensitizing ability of amphetamine in a mouse model.
- PhD candidate, INSERM U588, Physiopathology of Behavior, University of Bordeaux II, and Medical Pharmacology (LACDR/LUMC), Leiden University (March 2001 – December 2007). Title of dissertation: Gene-environment interactions implicated in drug intake: The establishment of two mouse models. Supervisors: Prof. Dr. PV Piazza and Prof. Dr. ER de Kloet. This work assessed the impact of early and late environmental experiences on drug intake in two inbred strains of mice.
- MSc medical Biology, Groningen University (December 2000).
- Daily supervision of Master- and PhD students
- Lecturer in Educational sciences:
- Neurobiologische achtergronden van opvoeding en ontwikkeling
- Inleiding in de praktische filosofie
- Former lecturer in several courses for students in Biomedical (BW), Biofarmaceutical (BFW) and Educational sciences (pedagogiek):
- Hormones and the nervous system
- Frontiers of neural science
- Colloquia Recent advances in developmental psychopathology
Research areas and activities
- Early life experiences and development
- Gene-environment interaction
- Psychostimulant drugs
- Oxytocine and response to crying
- Faculteit der Sociale Wetenschappen
- Instituut Pedagogische Wetenschappen
- Forensische gezinsped. en Jeugdhulpverl.
No relevant ancillary activities