In my current role as postdoctoral researcher at LIACS, I focus on applied data science research in the domain of sports.
In my current role as postdoctoral researcher at LIACS, I focus on applied data science research in the domain of sports. My formal training as a Human Movement Scientist allows me to bring two worlds (Sports Science and Computer Science) together. I am mainly focusing explorative data mining techniques (such as subgroup discovery), which I have for example used to analyze tactical behavior in football (soccer). For the analysis of tactical behavior I am working on a Python package that contains a range modules useful for analyzing tracking data in interactive team sports. The modules are designed for football, but may easily translate to other sports such as (field) hockey, basketball or rugby.
See for more information my personal webpage.
- Goes F.R., Meerhoff L.A., Bueno M.J.O., Rodrigues D.M., Moura F.A., Brink M.S., Elferink-Gemser M.T., Knobbe A.J., Cunha S.A., Torres R.S. & Lemmink K.A.P.M. (2020), Unlocking the potential of big data to support tactical performance analysis in professional soccer: A systematic review, European Journal of Sport Science .
- Moodie I. & Meerhoff L.A. (2020), Using mock data to explore the relationship between commitment to English language teaching and student learning, Language Teaching 53(1): 121-123.
- Meerhoff L.A., Poel H.J. de, Jowett T.W.D. & Button C. (2019), Walking with avatars: Gait-related visual information for following a virtual leader, Human movement science 66: 173-185.
- Goes F.R., Kempe M., Meerhoff L.A. & Lemmink K.A.P.M. (2019), Not Every Pass Can Be an Assist: A Data-Driven Model to Measure Pass Effectiveness in Professional Soccer Matches, Big Data 7(1): 57-70.
- Meerhoff L.A., Pettre J., Lynch S.D., Cretual A. & Olivier A.H. (2018), Collision Avoidance With Multiple Walkers: Sequential or Simultaneous Interactions?, Frontiers in Psychology 9: 2354.
- Leeuw A. de, Meerhoff L.A. & Knobbe A.J. (2018), Effects of pacing properties on performance in long-distance running, Big Data 6(4): 248-261.
- Meerhoff L.A., Bruneau J., Vu A., Olivier A.H. & Pettre J. (2018), Guided by gaze: Prioritization strategy when navigating through a virtual crowd can be assessed through gaze activity, Acta Psychologica 190: 248-257.
- Lynch S.D., Kulpa R., Meerhoff L.A., Pettre J., Cretual A. & Olivier A.H. (2018), Collision Avoidance Behavior between Walkers: Global and Local Motion Cues, IEEE transactions on visualization and computer graphics 24(7): 2078-2088.
- Meerhoff L.A., Poel H.J. de, Jowett T.W.D. & Button C. (2017), Influence of gait mode and body orientation on following a walking avatar, Human Movement Science 54: 377-387.
- Meerhoff L.A., Poel H.J. de & Button C. (2014), How visual information influences coordination dynamics when following the leader, Neuroscience Letters 582: 12-15.
- Meerhoff L.R. & Poel H.J. de (2014), Asymmetric interpersonal coupling in a cyclic sports-related movement task, Human Movement Science 35: 66-79.
No relevant ancillary activities