Rahma is a PhD candidate at the Parenting, Child Care and Development programme group, Leiden University
Rahma graduated from the bachelor Public Health at Hasanuddin University, Indonesia in 2000, and started teaching at a private university Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Kesehatan Makassar, Indonesia in 2001. She graduated from the master Primary Health Care at the Flinders University of South Australia in 2006. In 2008, she started teaching at Public Health Faculty, Hasanuddin University. In 2015, she has started her PhD research at the Parenting, Child Care and Development programme group, Leiden University.
Rahma’s research focuses on child maltreatment and cultural diversity. She is currently involved in the project: Predictors of sensitive parenting in deprived circumstances in Indonesia and Yemen.
- Lecturer: Faculty of Public Health, Hasanuddin University, Makassar, Indonesia (2008-20015)
- Lecturer: Department of Public Health, Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Kesehatan Makassar, Indonesia (2001, 2006-2008)
- Master Scholarship from Australian Development Scholarship (2003-2005)
- PhD Scholarship from Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education of Indonesia (2015-2018)
Research grant from the Indonesian Government of High Education in 2009 on the project: Prevalence and severity of anemia and iron deficiency at female adolescents in Malaria Endemic area of West Sulawesi Province in Indonesia (IDR 76.000,000)
Prof. dr. J. Mesman
- RAHMA. 2005. Primary school teachers’ attitudes towards reproductive and sexual health education in Makassar. Master of Science Thesis, Flinders University. (Master Thesis)
- RAHMA, NGATIMIN, R. & HADJU, V. Prevalence and severity of anemia and iron deficiency at female adolescents in Malaria Endemic area of West Sulawesi Province in Indonesia. the 42nd APACPH Conference, 24-27 November 2010, 2010 Nusa Dua Bali. (Conference oral presentation)
- RAHMA. HIV/AIDS Prevention Education in Indonesia: Is the National Policy reaching schools at the local level. ashm: Australasian HIV/AIDS Conference 2010, 2010 Sydney. (Conference poster presentation)
- RAHMA & FITRIANI. Prevalence and comparison of post-partum depression in Jala Ammari Naval Hospital in Makassar. in the 42nd APACPH Conference 24-27 November 2010, 2010 Nusa Dua Bali. (Conference oral presentation)
- Alsarhi K., Rahma, Prevoo M.J.L., Alink L.R.A. & Mesman J. (2019), Observing sensitivity in slums in Yemen: the veiled challenge., Attachment & human development : 1-9.
- Rahma, Alsarhi K., Prevoo M.J.L., Alink L.R.A. & Mesman J. (2019), Predictors of sensitive parenting In urban slums in Makassar, Indonesia, Attachment & human development : 1-9.