- Professor of Multivariate analysis in particular of three-way data - special chair (2004-2014)
- NIAS Fellow (2003/2004)
- Visiting Fellow, Department of Education and Child Studies, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan (1996, 2001, 2003)
- Visiting Fellow, Department of Agriculture, University of Queensland, St. Lucia, Australia (1991, 1995, 2002)
- Visiting senior lecturer at the Department of Psychology, University of Queensland, St. Lucia, Australia (1987/1988)
- Statistical consultant Industrial Products Research Institute, Tsukuba, Japan (February 1986)
- PhD Social Sciences, Leiden University (supervisor J. de Leeuw) (1983)
- Lecturer and research associate (senior lecturer from 1/1/1986) in statistics at the Institute of Education and Child Studies, Leiden University (1975-present)
- MSc Mathematics - statistics and numerical mathematics, Leiden University (1975)
- BSc Mathematics, Leiden University (1972)
- BSc Astronomy, Leiden University (1971)
- Praktijk van het empirisch onderzoek (conducting and evaluating empirical research)
- Data-analysis in Research Methods and Statistics
- Head of Master Thesis Lab FSW
- Onderzoekspracticum II
Research areas and activities
- Three-way data analysis, in particular three-mode principal component analysis. Website for three-mode data analysis
- Modelling in multiway contingency tables
- Consultancy in applied social science research and Ph.D. projects
- Author of 3WayPack - a program suite for three-mode analysis
- AsymTab - a program for asymmetric analysis of asymmetric tables.
- Co-author of FISHER, a program for exact tests in contingency tables. Available from The Three-Mode Company
- Bakermans-Kranenburg, M.J., Van IJzendoorn, M.H.& Kroonenberg, P.M. (2004). Differences in attachment security between african-american and white children: Ethnicity or socio-economic status? Infant Behavior and Development, 24, 417-433.
- Kroonenberg, P.M., & Greenacre, M.J. (2005). Correspondence analysis. In S. Kotz, C.B. Read, N. Balakrishnan, & B. Vidakovic (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Statistical Sciences [2nd Edition]. New York: Wiley. pp.1394-1403.
- Kroonenberg, P.M. (1983). Three-mode principal component analysis. Theory and applications . Leiden: DSWO Press. (Also doctoral dissertation). Now available as PDF on the website of The Three-Mode Company
- Kroonenberg, P.M. (2008). Applied Multiway Data Analysis. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley
- Kroonenberg, P.M. (2005). Full text Inaugural Lecture (in Dutch).