Professor emiritus Educational science
Nico Verloop completed his Master's in Education Sciences in 1977 (cum laude) at Utrecht University. He worked as a educational researcher at Nijmegen University and at CITO National Institute for Educational Measurement. He received his PhD in 1989 (cum laude) from Leiden University. In 1991 he was appointed full professor at Leiden University. He was head of the department of teacher education and director of the Institute for Research in Higher Education. In 1995 these were merged into the ICLON, Leiden University Graduate School of Teaching. From 1995 to 2010 he has been the dean of ICLON. He has been president of the Dutch Educational Research Association, is on the editorial board of 7 international journals and was a member of the management team of the National Educational Research School ICO.
Professor emiritus Educational science
- Oonk W., Gravemeijer K.P.E. & Verloop N. (2020), Analyzing student teachers' use of theory in their reflections on mathematics teaching practice, Mathematics Education Research Journal 32: 568-588.
- Hu Y., Rijst R.M. van der, Veen K. van, Verloop & N. (2019), Integrating research into language teaching: Beliefs and perceptions of university teachers, Innovations in Education and Teaching International 56(5): 594-604.
- Ginkel G. van, Driel J.H. van & Verloop N. (2018), Mentor teachers' views of their mentees, MENTOR TUTOR 26(2): 122-147.
- Dadi Chen, Tigelaar E.H. & Verloop N. (2016), The intercultural identities of nonnative English teachers: An overview of research worldwide, Asian Education Studies 1(2): 9-25.
- Ginkel G. van, Verloop N. & Denessen E. (2016), Why mentor? Linking mentor teachers' motivations to their mentoring conceptions, Teachers and Teaching: Theory and Practice 22: 101-116.
- Ginkel G. van, Oolbekkink H., Meijer P.C. & Verloop N. (2016), Adapting mentoring to individual differences in novice teacher learning: the mentor’s viewpoint, Teachers and Teaching: Theory and Practice 22(2): 198-218.
- Claessens L., Van Tartwijk J., Pennings H., Want A.C. van der, Verloop N., Den Brok P. & Wubbels T. (2016), Beginning and experienced secondary school teachers’ self- and student schema in positive and problematic teacher-student relationships, Teaching and Teacher Education 55: 88-99.
- Verberg C.P.M., Tigelaar E.H., Veen K. van & Verloop N. (2016), Teacher agency within the context of formative teacher assessment: an in-depth analysis, Educational Studies 42(5): 534-552.
- Vink C.C., Van Tartwijk J., Verloop N., Gosselink M.J., Driessen E. & Bolk J.H. (2016), The articulation of integration of clinical and basic sciences in concept maps: differences between experienced and resident groups, Advances in Health Sciences Education. 21(3): 643-657.
- Hu Y., Rijst R.M. van der, Veen K. van & Verloop N. (2016), The purposes and processes of master's thesis supervision: a comparison of Chinese and Dutch supervisors, Higher Education Research & Development 35(5): 910–924.
- Kan C. van, Ponte P. & Verloop N. (2016), Ways in which teachers express what they consider to be in their pupils’ best interest. In: Wilkinson J., Bristol L., Ponte P., (Eds.) Education for all as praxis. Professional Development in Education Oxford: Routledge. 124-145.
- Ginkel G. van, Verloop N. & Denessen E.J.P.G (2016), Why mentor? Linking mentor teachers’ motivations tot their mentoring conceptions, Teachers and Teaching: Theory and Practice 22(1): 101-116.
- Vink S.C., Tartwijk van, J. Verloop, N. Gosselink M.J., Driessen E. & Bolk J.H. (2015), The articulation of integration of clinical and basic sciences in concept maps: differences between experienced and resident groups, Advances in Health Sciences Education. .
- Verberg C.P.M., Tigelaar D.E.H. & Verloop N. (2015), Negotiated assessment and teacher learning: an in-depth exploration, Teaching and Teacher Education 49: 138-148.
- Vink C.C. Tartwijk J. van, Verloop N. Gosselink M. & Driessen E. Bolk J. (2015), Concept maps en integratie van klinische vakken en basisvakken: expertiseverschillen in kaart gebracht. Rotterdam: NVMO.
- Oonk W., Verloop N. & Gravemeijer P.E. (2015), Enriching practical knowledge: Exploring student teachers' competence in integrating theory and practice of mathematics teaching, Journal for Research in Mathematics Education 46(5): 559-598.
- Vink S.C., Tartwijk van J., Bolk, J.H. & Verloop N. (2015), Integration of clinical and basic sciences in concept maps: a mixed-method study on teacher learning, BMC Medical Education 15(20).
- Hu Y., Rijst R.M. van der, Veen K. van & Verloop N. (2015), The role of research in teaching: A comparison of teachers from research universities and those from universities of applied sciences, Higher Education Policy 28: 535-554.
- Belo N.A.H., van Driel J.H., Veen K. van & Verloop N. (2014), Beyond the dichotomy of teacher- versus student-focused education: A survey study on physics teachers' beliefs about the goals and pedagogy of physics education, Teaching and Teacher Education 39: 89-101.
- Rijst R.M. van der, Veen K. van & Verloop N. (2014), ‘And never the two shall meet’? Comparing Chinese and Dutch university teachers about the role of research in teaching, Higher Education .
- Rijst R.M. van der, Visser-Wijnveen G.J., Verloop N. & Van Driel J.H. (2014), Development of a tool to evaluate lecturers’ verbal repertoire in action, Teaching in Higher Education 19(6): 657-670.
- Verberg C.P.M., Tigelaar E.H. & Verloop N. (2013), Teacher learning through participation in a negotiated assessment procedure, Teachers and Teaching: Theory and Practice 19(2).
- Rijst R.M. van der, Visser-Wijnveen G.J., Verloop N. & Driel J.H. van (2013), Undergraduate science coursework: teachers’ goal statements and how students experience research, Innovations in Education and Teaching International 50(2): 178–190.
- Visser G.J., Driel J.H. van, Rijst R.M. van der, Visser A. & Verloop N. (2012), Relating academics' ways of integrating research and teaching to their students' perceptions, Studies in Higher Education 37(2): 219–234.
- Dadi Chen, Tigelaar D. E. H. & Verloop N. (2011), Theorizing non-native ESP/EGP teacher intercultural identity: A way out of confusion. Xi’an.
- Rajuan M., Beijaard D. & Verloop N. (2010), The match and mismatch between expectations of student teachers and cooperating teachers: exploring different opportunities for learning to teach in the mentor relationship, Research Papers in Education 25(2): 201-223.
- Janssen F. J. J. M., van Driel J. H. & Verloop N. (2010), Towards practical design support for teachers, Pedagogische Studien 87(6): 412-431.
- Platteel T.L., Hulshof H., Ponte P., Driel J.H. van & Verloop N. (2010), Forming a collaborative action research partnership, Journal Educational Action Research 18(4): 429 — 451.
- Visser-Wijnveen G.J., Driel J.H. van, Rijst R.M. van der, Verloop N. & Visser A. (2010), The ideal research-teaching nexus in the eyes of academics: Building profiles, Higher Education Research & Development 29(2): 195-210.
- Visser-Wijnveen G.J., Driel J.H. van, Rijst R.M. van der, Verloop N. & Visser A. (2009), The relationship between academics' conceptions of knowledge, research and teaching - a metaphor study, Teaching in Higher Education 14(6): 673-686.
- Jong O. de, Driel J.H. van & Verloop N. (2005), Preservice teachers' pedagogical content knowledge of using particle models in teaching chemistry, Journal of Research in Science Teaching 42: 947-964.
No relevant ancillary activities