N. Choi is a lecturer in the Masters' Program in International Relations at Leiden University. Previously she held an Assistant Professor position in the Department of Asian and International Studies at the City University of Hong Kong.
My research interests include political change, such as democracy and decentralization, and its impact on elite pathways to power and the relations between political elites and citizens.
Politics and Society in Indonesia, women and politics in Southeast Asia with focus on Indonesia and the Philippines, youth and politics in Asia, and youth, women and democracy in East Asia.
- Ph.D. (Political and Social Change) Australian National University, 2004
- M.A. (Anthropology) Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta, 1999
- M.A. (Politics) Sung-Kyun-Kwan University, Seoul, 1996
- B.A. (Politics) Sung-Kyun-Kwan University, Seoul, 1994
- Faculteit der Geesteswetenschappen
- Leiden Institute for Area Studies
- SAS Indonesie