Luisa Prochazkova is a PhD candidate at the Cognitive Psychology Unit, Leiden University under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Bernhard Hommel and Dr. Roberta Sellaro. In her PhD project, funded by a European Research Council (ERC) Consolidator grant, she is working on the questions of how cognitive control affects the interplay between so-called intentional and automatic processes. In particular she investigates how the the ability to maintain behavioral goals is dictated by current metacontrol state bias and how is such bias induced. To this end, Luisa studies the effect of drugs (psychedelics/microdosing), meditation, changes in the autonomic nervous system and reward processing on the metacontrol policies.
Furthermore, Luisa works on a part-time project with the aim to improve on existing VR-mindfulness games by implementing biofeedback to monitor and aid emotional responses and psychophysiological states during training. The project is possible thanks to funding awarded from Technology Agency-Czech Republic and thanks to a collaborative effort among researchers from Leiden University, clinicians at National Institute of Mental Health in Prague (NUDZ) and industry partners (Xlab.cz)
- Prochazkova L. & Hommel B. (2020), Altered states of consciousness and creativity. In: Preis, D.D.; Cosmelli C.; Kaufman J.C. (Eds.) Creativity and the Wadering Mind. Cambridge: Mass.: Academic Press. 121-158.
- Prochazkova E., Prochazkova L., Rojek Giffin M., Scholte H.S., De Dreu C.K.W. & Kret M.E. (2018), Reply to Mathot and Naber: Neuroimaging shows that pupil mimicry is a social phenomenon, PNAS 115(50): E11566-E11567.
- Prochazkova L., Lippelt D.P., Colzato L.S., Kuchar M., Sjoerds Z. & Hommel B. (2018), Exploring the effect of microdosing psychedelics on creativity in an open-label natural setting, Psychopharmacology 235(12): 3401-3413.
- Prochazkova E., Prochazkova L., Giffin M.R., Scholte H.S., De Dreu C.K.W. & Kret M.E. (2018), Pupil mimicry promotes trust through the theory-of-mind network, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 115(31): E7265-E7274.
- Prochazkova L., Parkes L., Dawson A., Youssef G., Ferreira G.M., Lorenzetti V. & Yücel M. (2018), Unpacking the role of self-reported compulsivity and impulsivity in obsessive-compulsive disorder, CNS spectrums 23(1): 51-58.
- Keuken M.C., Bazin P.-L., Backhouse K., Beekhuizen S., Himmer L., Kandola A., Lafeber J.J., Prochazkova L., Trutti A.C., Schäfer A., Turner R. & Forstmann B.U. (2017), Effects of aging on T1, T2*, and QSM MRI values in the subcortex, Brain structure & function 222(6): 2487-2505.
No relevant ancillary activities