- European Cultural policies in the Levant.
- Modern and Contemporary History of the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- The Jerusalem Question.
- Politics and Religion in the EU.
For more information, please see my CV.
- Dec. 2017- Dec. 2022: PI VIDI project, NWO (The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research), ‘European cultural diplomacy and Arab Christians in Palestine. A connected history during the formative years of the Middle East (1918-1948)’.
- Oct. 2015-2018: University of Luxembourg Internal Research Project: Party Politics and Religion in the European Union.
- Oct. 2013-2015: Luxembourg AFR PDR Scholarship: The Populist Radical Right and Religion: Ideology and Panel Data Analysis.
- K. Papastathis, “Missionary Politics in Late Ottoman Palestine: The Stance of the Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem,” Social Sciences and Missions (forthcoming).
- K. Papastathis, “Arabic v. Greek: the Linguistic Aspect of the Jerusalem Orthodox Church Controversy in late Ottoman times and the British Mandate,” in Heleen Murre-van den Berg, Karène Sanchez and Tijmen Baarda (eds), Arabic and its Alternatives (forthcoming).
- K. Papastathis, “Diplomacy, Communal Politics and Religious Property Management: the case of the Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem in the early Mandate period,” in Angelos Dalachanis and Vincent Lemire (eds), Revealing Ordinary Jerusalem (1840-1940). New Archives and Perspectives on Urban Citizenship and Global Entanglements (Proceedings of Open Jerusalem International Symposium, Institute for Mediterranean Studies, Rethymno, Greece, May 2016) (Leiden: Brill, 2018), 223-239.
- K. Papastathis, “Constructing the ‘intra-communal out-group’: the Greek religious imperialism and the Arab Orthodox ‘quantité négligeable’,” Andreas Schmoeller (ed.), Middle Eastern Christians and Europe: Diasporas – Relations – Entangled Histories (Zürich: Lit, 2017), 43-57.
- K. Papastathis, “Greece in the Holy Land during the British Mandate: Diplomacy and Religion,” Jerusalem Quarterly (special issue ‘History of Diplomacy in the Holy Land’), 71 (2017), 30-42.
- K. Papastathis, “Religious Politics in Mandate Palestine: The Christian Orthodox Community Controversy in the Thirties”, British Journal of Middle Eastern Studies, 43:3 (2016), 259-284.
- K. Papastathis and R. Kark, “The Politics of Church Land Administration: the Case of the Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem in Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine”, Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies 40:2 (2016), 264-282.
2019- : Department of Political Science/Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. BA Courses: a) Politics and Religion; and b) The Middle East in Contemporary Times; MA Course: Religion and Violence; Erasmus Course: Greece Today.
2019- : School of Law/ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. MA course: Political Science.
May 2017: Visiting Lecturer at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki/ Erasmus course: Greece Today/ Session: The Role of Religion in Modern Greece.
2015-2017: Research Unit: IPSE/ University of Luxembourg. Master Course: Politics and Religion (Joint Teaching with: Philippe Poirier, Marco Ventura και Elsa Pirenne).
2008-2013: Department of Political Science/Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. BA Courses: a) Politics and Religion; and b) Politics and Religion in Modern Greece.
- Assistant Professor