Professor of Children's rights in the developing world
Prof. dr. J.J. Sloth-Nielsen is related to the Institute for Private Law since the 1st of August 2013 as a professor.
Leiden Law Blog
Summer School: International Children's Rights
As well as her work in the Department of Child Law, prof. dr. Sloth-Nielsen serves as a member of the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (2011-2016).
Children’s Rights, Family Law, Customary law and Human Rights.
Children’s Legal Rights: An African Perspective (Ashgate, 2008).
- LLM (Children’s Rights);
- Children’s Rights Summer School;
- Introduction to Children’s Rights (LLB elective).
Ancillary positions + organization
- Professor, Faculty of Law, University of the Western Cape
- Member, African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child
- African Committee of Experts on the Rights of the child
- Member, Editorial Board, International Journal on Children's rights