Fazel Abdolahpur Monikh
Fazel has a PhD degree in Environmental (Nano)Science at the Department of Environmental Geosciences, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria.
Fazel has a PhD degree in Environmental (Nano)Science at the Department of Environmental Geosciences, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria. His PhD involved research on developing methods and approaches to support environmental risk assessment of engineered nanomaterials. His principal research interests lie in the field of fate and behaviour of emerging contaminants, particularly nanomaterials, in the environment and their toxicity to ecological species. He is currently focussing on development of a nano-specific exposure matrices for nanomaterials. His future research plans are to investigate the (eco) toxicology of nanomaterials, transfer of these materials between environmental compartments and in food chains.
- Method development for isolation, purification, fractionation, detection, characterization and quantification of nanomaterials in complex matrices such consumer products, environmental samples and biological media.
- Nanotoxicity and nanotoxicokinetic.
- Investigating the behavior and fate of nanomaterials in the environment.
- Characterization and quantification of emerging contaminants
- Monikh F.A., Chupani L., Arenas-Logo D., Guob Z., Zhang P., Krishna Darbha G., Valsami-Jones E., Lynch I., Vijver M.G., Bodegom P.M. van & Peijnenburg W.J.G.M. (2021), Particle number-based trophic transfer of gold nanomaterials in an aquatic food chain, Nature Communications 12: 899.
- Abdolahpur Monikh F., Chupani L., Vijver M.G. & Peijnenburg W.J.G.M. (2021), Parental and trophic transfer of nanoscale plastic debris in an assembled aquatic food chain as a function of particle size, Environmental Pollution 269: 116066.
- Abdolahpur Monikh F., Vijver M.G., Guo Z., Zhang P., Krishna Darbha G. & Peijnenburg W.J.G.M. (2020), Metal sorption onto nanoscale plastic debris and trojan horse effects in Daphnia magna: role of dissolved organic matter, Water Research 186: 116410.
- Tiwari E., Singh N., Khandelwal N., Abdolahpur Monikh F. & Krishna Darbha G. (2020), Application of Zn/Al layered double hydroxides for the removal of nano-scale plastic debris from aqueous systems, Journal of Hazardous Materials 397: 122769.
- Zhai Y., Abdolahpur Monikh F., Wu J., Grillo R., Arenas Lago D., Krishna Darbha G., Vijver M.G. & Peijnenburg W.J.G.M. (2020), Interaction between a nano-formulation of atrazine and rhizosphere bacterial communities: atrazine degradation and bacterial community alterations, Environmental Science: Nano 7(11): 3372-3384.
- Vijver M.G., Peijnenburg W.J.G.M. & Abdolahpur Monikh F. (2020), Micro(nano)plastics in aquatic organisms, transferability of knowledge from Nanowires. In: Wagterveld R.M., Marijnissen J.C.M., Gradoń L., Moskal A. (Eds.) Synthetic Nano- and Microfibers. Leeuwarden, the Netherlands: Wetsus, European Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Water Technology. 147-153.
- Velimirovic M., Wagner S., Abdolahpur Monikh F., Uusimäki T., Kaegi R., Hofmann T. & Kammer F. von der (2020), Accurate quantification of TiO2 nanoparticles in commercial sunscreens using standard materials and orthogonal particle sizing methods for verification, Talanta 215: 120921.
- Guo Z., Luo Y., Zhang P., Chetwynd A.J., Qunhui Xie H., Abdolahpur Monikh F., Tao W., Xie C., Liu Y., Xu L., Zhang Z., Valsami-Jones E., Lynch I. & Zhao B. (2020), Deciphering the particle specific effects on metabolism in rat liver and plasma from ZnO nanoparticles versus ionic Zn exposure, Environment International 136: 105437.
- Zhang P., Guo Z., Luo W., Abdolahpur Monikh F., Xie C., Valsami-Jones E., Lynch I. & Zhang Z. (2020), Graphene Oxide-Induced pH Alteration, Iron Overload, and Subsequent Oxidative Damage in Rice (Oryza sativa L.): A New Mechanism of Nanomaterial Phytotoxicity, Environmental Science & Technology 54(6): 3181-3190.
- Monikh F.A., Chupani L., Smerkova K., Bosker T., Cizar P., Krzyzanek V., Richtera L., Franek R., Zuskova E., Skoupy R., Krishna Darbha G., Vijver M., Valsami-Jones E. & Peijnenburg W. (2020), Engineered nanoselenium supplemented fish diet: toxicity comparison with ionic selenium and stability against particle dissolution, aggregation and release, Environmental Science: Nano 7(8): 2325-2336 .
- Abdolahpur Monikh F., Arenas-Lago D., Porcal P., Grillo R., Zhang P., Guo Z., Vijver M.G. & Peijnenburg W.J.G.M. (2019), Do the joint effects of size, shape and ecocorona influence the attachment and physical eco(cyto)toxicity of nanoparticles to algae?, Nanotoxicology .
- Abdolahpur Monikh F., Fryer B., Arenas-Lago D., Vijver M.G., Darbha G.K., Valsami-Jones E. & Peijnenburg W.J.G.M. (2019), A Dose Metrics Perspective on the Association of Gold Nanomaterials with Algal Cells, Environmental Science & Technology Letters 6(12): 732-738.
- Tiwari E., Mondal M., Singh N., Kumar Khandelwal N., Abdolahpur Monikh F. & Darbha G.K. (2020), Effect of irrigation water type and other environmental parameters on CeO2 nanopesticide-clay colloid interactions, Environmental Science: Processes and Impacts 22(1): 84-94.
- Abdolahpur Monikh F. (1 October 2019), NIEUWE METHODE MOET HELPEN BIJ ONDERZOEK NAAR GEVAAR VAN NANOPLASTIC. Interviewed by Meinders K. for BNR Nieuwsradio [interview].
- Abdolahpur Monikh F., Grundschober N., Romeijn S., Arenas-Lago D., Vijver M.G., Jiskoot W & Peijnenburg W.J.G.M. (2019), Development of methods for extraction and analytical characterization of carbon-based nanomaterials (nanoplastics and carbon nanotubes) in biological and environmental matrices by asymmetrical flow field-flow fractionation, Environmental Pollution 255(2): 113304.
- Arenas-Lago D., Abdolahpur Monikh F., Vijver M.G. & Peijnenburg W.J.G.M. (2019), Interaction of zero valent copper nanoparticles with algal cells under simulated natural conditions: Particle dissolution kinetics, uptake and heteroaggregation, Science of the Total Environment 689: 133-140.
- Arenas-Lago D., Abdolahpur Monikh F., Vijver M.G. & Peijnenburg W.J.G.M. (2019), Dissolution and aggregation kinetics of zero valent copper nanoparticles in (simulated) natural surface waters: Simultaneous effects of pH, NOM and ionic strength, Chemosphere 226: 841-850.
- Abdolahpur Monikh F., Chupani L., Vijver M.G., Vancová M. & Peijnenburg W.J.G.M (2019), Analytical approaches for characterizing and quantifying engineered nanoparticles in biological matrices from an (eco)toxicological perspective: old challenges, new methods and techniques, Science of the Total Environment 660: 1283-1293.
- Abdolahpur Monikh F., Chupani L., Zusková E., Peters R., Vancová M. Vijver M.G., Porcal P. & Peijnenburg W.J.G.M. (2019), Method for Extraction and Quantification of Metal-Based Nanoparticles in Biological Media: Number-Based Biodistribution and Bioconcentration, Environmental Science & Technology 53(2): 946–953.
No relevant ancillary activities