Esmaeil Haddadian-Moghaddam is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions research fellow at Leiden. Previously he was at University of Leuven (Belgium) both as a postdoctoral and a research fellow.
- Webinar: Formation of Translation in Contemporary Iran (20 April 2022)
- Webinar Biography as cultural diplomacy: Cold War best sellers in the Middle East (20 May 2021)
- Translation Café: Translation History of Asian Languages (May 14 2021)
- Books and Agents
Fields of interest
Cultural Cold War
Translation and Intercultural Studies
His current research focuses on the dynamics, legacy and impact of the cultural Cold War in the Middle East (see the link Coldbihot below).
- PhD,Translation and Intercultural Studies, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
- MA English, and MA Social Anthropology, University of Dalarna, Sweden
- BA TESOL, Iran
2018. Haddadian-Moghaddam, E., O. Azadibougar. “The Persian tradition.” In Y. Gambier & U. Stecconi (eds). A World Atlas of Translation. Amsterdam/Philadelphia: John Benjamins, 149–168.
2016. Haddadian-Moghaddam, E. “The Cultural Cold War and the Circulation of World Literature: Insights from Franklin Book Programs in Tehran.” Journal of World Literature 1(3): 371-390
2016. Haddadian-Moghaddam, E., O. Azadibougar. “JWL: From Persian to World Literature.” Journal of World Literature 1(1): 8-15.
2015. Haddadian-Moghaddam, E., R. Meylaerts. “What about translation? Beyond Persianization as the language policy in Iran.” Iranian Studies 48(6): 851-870.
2014. Haddadian-Moghaddam, E. Literary Translation in Modern Iran: A Sociological Study. Amsterdam/Philadelphia: John Benjamins.
2011. Haddadian-Moghaddam, E. “Agency in the translation and production of The Adventures of Hajji Baba of Ispahan into Persian.” Target: International Journal of Translation Studies, 23(2): 206-234.
Grants and awards
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (IF-2018) (2019-2022)
- The Harry Ransom Center Humanities Fellowship
- University of Leuven, F+ Postdoctoral Fellowship
- The Harry Ransom Center, Dissertation Fellowship
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili Pre-doctoral Scholarship
- Managiing Editor of Journal of World Literature