- PhD in Social and Behavioural Sciences, Forensic Family Science and Youth Care Studies, Leiden University (June, 2014). Doctoral thesis ‘ Carefree in child care? Child wellbeing, caregiving quality, and intervention programs in center-based child care’.
- Doctoral student at the Forensic Family Science and Youth Care Studies programme group (2009-2014). Special interest in attachment, child care and early childhood education PhD project on the effectiveness of the Video-feedback Intervention to promote Positive Parenting and Sensitive Discipline (VIPP-SD) in center-based child care in a randomized controlled trial. Supervisors prof. Marinus Van IJzendoorn, Harriet Vermeer, and Marielle Linting. Previously involved in study on stress regulation in maltreating mothers, in cooperation with Yulius, Center for Family Psychiatry, supervised by Lenneke Alink.
- Member of ISED Research School.
- Teaching staff at the Forensic Family Science and Youth Care Studies programme group, Leiden University, for various bachelor and master courses [including Inleiding Pedagogische en Onderwijs Wetenschappen (IPO), Praktische Filosofie, Professional Child Care, Child Abuse and Neglect].
- Masters degree (MA) in Developmental Psychology (2007), University of Utrecht, The Netherlands. Clinical internship at De Jutters, Centre for Child and Family Psychiatry, The Hague. Research Internship at The University of Glasgow, United Kingdom.
- Certified intervener in de VIPP-SD (2009) and co-trainer (2013). Supervised by Femmie Juffer and Estelle Wensveen-Struiss, Leiden University, The Netherlands.
- Child and family psychologist at De Jutters, Centre for Child and Family Psychiatry (2007-2009). Member of Infant Mental Health team and of Youth Mental Health team for Family Centers (Centra voor Jeugd en Gezin regio Haaglanden),The Hague, The Netherlands.
- Certified facilitator in the Mellow Parenting intervention Programme (2006, June). Supervised by dr. C. Puckering and J. Mills. Glasgow, United Kingdom.
- Werner, C.D. (2013, August). The effectiveness of the VIPP-SD in center-based child care: randomized controlled trial in The Netherlands. Paper presented in symposium at the 6th International Attachment Conference, Pavia, Italy.
- Werner, C.D. (2012, August). Child care quality and child wellbeing: Investigating double risk. Paper presented at EARLI - SIG 5, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Werner, C.D. (2012, January). Estudio del video-feedback intervention VIPP-SD en salas cunas. Paper presented at Segundo Congreso Internacional de la Red Iberoamericana de Apego, Santiago de Chile, Chile.
- Werner, C.D (2011, November). Assessing quality in child care: Experience from an intervention study. In P.P.M. Leseman (Chair), Assessing early childhood education and quality. Symposium conducted at ISED Research Days, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Puckering, C., Connolly, B., Werner, C., Toms-Whittle, L., Thompson, L., Lennox, J., & Minnis, H., (2011). Rebuilding relationships: A pilot study of the effectiveness of the Mellow Parenting Programme for children with Reactive Attachment Disorder. Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 16 (1). pp. 73-87. doi: 10.1177/1359104510365195
- Werner et al. (2009). The preventive power of the project “Opvoeden in de Buurt”. Workshop presented at conference ‘Jeugd in Onderzoek’, Nieuwegein, The Netherlands.
- Werner, C.D. (2006). Help-related behaviours and attachment patterns in children with reactive attachment disorder.(Unpublished master’s thesis). University of Utrecht, The Netherlands.