Chunbo Zhang obtained his Master degree from Chongqing University, School of construction management and real estate in 2017, focusing on the mechanism to boost waste recycling industry.
Chunbo Zhang obtained his Master degree from Chongqing University, School of construction management and real estate in 2017, focusing on the mechanism to boost waste recycling industry. He joined the Institute of Environmental Science (CML) of Leiden University in September 2017 for his doctoral degree.
Chunbo Zhang has started his PhD research on Dynamic MFA in circular construction domain. In Europe, technologies are developing to Cost-efficiently recover the aggregates from the C&DW for the production of precast concrete panels that can be used to improve the energy performance of the building stock (H2020 VEEP project).He is applying dynamic MFA as a decision supporting tool to assess the potential environmental and economic merits and impacts of the technological development in different country contexts.
- Yang X., Hu M., Tukker A., Zhang C., Huo T.F. & Steubing B.R.P. (2022), A bottom-up dynamic building stock model for residential energy transition: a case study for the Netherlands, Applied Energy 306(Part A).
- Zhang C., Hu M., Di Maio F., Sprecher B., Yang X. & Tukker A. (2022), An overview of the waste hierarchy framework for analyzing the circularity in construction and demolition waste management in Europe, Science of the Total Environment 803.
- Zhang C. (21 December 2021), Towards circular and energy-efficient management of building stock : an analysis of the residential sector of the Netherlands (PhD thesis. Institute of Environmental Sciences (CML), Faculty of Science, Leiden University). Supervisor(s) and Co-supervisor(s): Tukker A., Hu M.
- Zhong X., Hu M., Deetman S.P., Steubing B.R.P., Lin H., Aguilar Hernandez G.A., Harpprecht C.I., Zhang C., Tukker A. & Behrens P.A. (2021), Global greenhouse gas emissions from residential and commercial building materials and mitigation strategies to 2060, Nature Communications 12.
- Zhang C., Hu M., Laclau B., Garnesson T., Yang X. & Tukker A. (2021), Energy-carbon-investment payback analysis of prefabricated envelope-cladding system for building energy renovation: cases in Spain, the Netherlands, and Sweden, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 145: 111077.
- Zhang C., Hu M., Sprecher B., Yang X., Zhong X., Li C. & Tukker A. (2021), Recycling potential in building energy renovation: a prospective study of the Dutch residential building stock up to 2050, Journal of Cleaner Production 301: 126835.
- Yang X., Hu M., Heeren N., Zhang C., Verhagen T.J., Tukker A. & Steubing B.R.P. (2020), A combined GIS-archetype approach to model residential space heating energy: a case study for the Netherlands including validation, Applied Energy 280: 115953.
- Zhang C., Hu M., Laclau B., Garnesson T., Yang X., Li C. & Tukker A. (2020), Environmental life cycle costing at the early stage for supporting cost optimization of precast concrete panel for energy renovation of existing buildings, Journal of Building Engineering 35: 102002.
- Zhang C., Hu M., Yang X., Miranda Xicotencatl B., Sprecher B., Di Maio F., Zhong X. & Tukker A. (2020), Upgrading construction and demolition waste management from downcycling to recycling in the Netherlands, Journal of Cleaner Production 266: 121718.
- Zhang C., Hu M., Yang X., Amati A. & Tukker A. (2020), Life cycle greenhouse gas emission and cost analysis of prefabricated concrete building façade elements, Journal of Industrial Ecology 24(5): 1016-1030.
- Zhang C., Hu M., Dong L., Gebremariam A., Xicotencatl B.M., Di Maio F. & Tukker A. (2019), Eco-efficiency assessment of technological innovations in high-grade concrete recycling, Resources, Conservation and Recycling 149: 649-663.
- Zhang C., Hu M., Dong L., Xiang P., Zhang Q., Wu J., Li B. & Shi S. (2018), Co-benefits of urban concrete recycling on the mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions and land use change: A case in Chongqing metropolis, China, Journal of Cleaner Production 201: 481-498.