Dr. Carla Burrell is an osteoarchaeologist and her current research focuses on the exploration of Paget’s disease of bone in past populations. This research is interdisciplinary, involving leading academics in their respective fields from across the UK and USA. Together, they are developing an understanding of the ancient history and secular changes of this disease providing new insights into the contemporary occurrence of this disease. Dr. Burrell’s research also reports on trauma, interpersonal violence, human growth and development and, human variation.
- Lecturer, University of Leiden: 2018-Present.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Liverpool John Moores University: 2017-2018.
- Director of Osteology, Chapel Archaeology: 2016-Present.
- Advisor and Education Facilitator, Norton Priory Museum and Gardens: 2014-2018.
- Teaching Support Officer, Liverpool John Moores University: 2012-2016.
- Ph.D. in Biological Anthropology, Liverpool John Moores University: 2012-2018.
- BSc(Hons) in Forensic Anthropology, Liverpool John Moores University: 2012.
No relevant ancillary activities