Bernadet Klaassens works as a PhD candidate at the Methodology & Statistics unit of Psychology. The aim of her project is to assess neurotransmitter systems and investigate healthy and pathological aging processes with resting state fMRI. In cooperation with the Centre for Human Drug Research (CHDR) and the Radiology department of the LUMC she performed multiple fMRI studies to examine the influence of pharmacological stimulation on functional brain connectivity in young and older adults and patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
- PhD, Leiden University. Pharmacological resting state fMRI in aging and dementia (2011-recent).
- MSc Methodology and Statistics, Leiden University (2011).
- Thesis and Internship Coordinator, Leiden University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Dept. Clinical Neuropsychology (2010-2011).
- Junior Researcher, Parnassia Bavo Groep, Palier, Centre for Intensive Treatment, The Hague (2007-2008).
- MSc Clinical Neuropsychology, Leiden University (2007).
- Klaassens B.L., Van Gerven J.M.A., Klaassen E.S., Van der Grond J. & Rombouts S.A.R.B. (2019), Cholinergic and serotonergic modulation of resting state functional brain connectivity in Alzheimer's disease, NeuroImage 199: 143-152.
- Klaassens B.L. (6 September 2018), Imaging functional brain connectivity : pharmacological modulation, aging and Alzheimer's disease (PhD thesis. Psychology, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Leiden University). Supervisor(s) and Co-supervisor(s): Rombouts, S.A.R.B.; Gerven, J.M.A. van, Grond, J. van der.
- Klaassens B.L., Rutgers S.M. & Prins N.D. (2018), Outcome of a recruitment campaign for subjects at risk for Alzheimer's disease in the Netherlands, Alzheimer's and Dementia 14(7): P1071--P1072.
- Klaassens B.L., Gerven J.M.A. van, Klaassen E.S., Grond J. van der & Rombouts S.A.R.B. (2018), Serotonergic and cholinergic modulation of functional brain connectivity: A comparison between young and older adults, NeuroImage: Clinical 169: 312-322.
- Klaassens B.L., Van Gerven J.M.A., Van der Grond J., De Vos F., Moller C. & Rombouts S.A.R.B. (2017), Diminished Posterior Precuneus Connectivity with the Default Mode Network Differentiates Normal Aging from Alzheimer's Disease, FRONTIERS IN AGING NEUROSCIENCE 9: e97.
- Klaassens B.L., Rombouts S.A.R.B., Winkler A.M., Van Gorsel H.C., Van der Grond J. & Gerven J.M.A. van. (2017), Time related effects on functional brain connectivity after serotonergic and cholinergic neuromodulation, Human Brain Mapping 38(1): 308-325.
- Klaassens B.L., Gorsel H.C.van, Khalili-Mahani N., Van der Grond J., Wyman B.T., Whitcher B., Rombouts S.A.R.B. & Van Gerven J.M.A. (2015), Single-dose serotonergic stimulation shows widespread effects on functional brain connectivity, NeuroImage 122: 440-450.
No relevant ancillary activities