After receiving his Msc in Industrial Ecology at Leiden University, Benjamin Sprecher started working on his PhD research concerning the extraction of raw materials from waste streams.
After receiving his MSc in Industrial Ecology at Leiden University, Benjamin Sprecher started working on his PhD research concerning the extraction of raw materials from waste streams, and resilience of the supply chains of critical materials. After finishing his PhD he did a one-year postdoc at Yale University. He is currently assistant professor at the CML, coordinating the Resilient Cities Hub.
- Scherer L.A., Behrens P.A., Koning A. de, Heijungs R., Sprecher B. & Tukker A. (2018), Trade-offs between social and environmental Sustainable Development Goals, Environmental Science and Policy 90: 65-72.
- Koning A. de, Kleijn E.G.M., Huppes G., Sprecher B., Engelen G. van & Tukker A. (2018), Metal supply constraints for a low-carbon economy?, Resources Conservation and Recycling 129: 202-208.
- Mancheri N.A., Sprecher B., Deetman S., Young S.B. Bleischwitz R., Dong L., Kleijn R. & Tukker A. (2018), Resilience in the tantalum supply chain, Resources Conservation and Recycling 129: 56-69.
- Giesen C.C. van der, Meinrenken C.J., Kleijn R, Sprecher B., Lacker K.S. & Kramer G.J. (2017), A Life Cycle Assessment Case Study of Coal-Fired Electricity Generation with Humidity Swing Direct Air Capture of CO2 versus MEA-Based Postcombustion Capture, Environmental Science & Technology 51(2): 1024–1034.
- Sprecher B. (28 June 2016), When materials become critical : lessons from the 2010 rare earth crisis (PhD thesis. Institute for Environmental Sciences (CML), Science, Leiden). Supervisor(s) and Co-supervisor(s): G.J. Kramer, E.G.M. Kleijn.
- Sprecher B., Daigo I., Murakami S., Kleijn R., Vos M. & Kramer G.J (2015), Framework for Resilience in Material Supply Chains, With a Case Study from the 2010 Rare Earth Crisis, Environmental Science & Technology 49(11): 6740–6750.
- Sprecher B., Xiao Y., Walton A., Speight J., Harris R., Kleijn R., Visser G. & Kramer G.J. (2014), Life Cycle Inventory of the Production of Rare Earths and the Subsequent Production of NdFeB Rare Earth Permanent Magnets, Environmental Science & Technology 48(7): 3951-3958.
- Sprecher B., Kleijn R. & Kramer G.J. (2014), Recycling Potential of Neodymium: The Case of Computer Hard Disk Drives, Environmental Science & Technology 48(16): 9506-9513.