Arianne van der Wal
Arianne van der Wal successfully graduated from the Research Master Social Psychology at the VU University in 2012. Thereafter she was involved in several research projects, including the "Green schoolyards" project of the VU University and the "wij2030" project of VUconnected and newspaper Trouw.
In 2018, she obtained her PhD in sustainable marketing from the Center for Marketing Leadership, a joint initiative of VODW and VU University Amsterdam. Within her PhD trajectory, Arianne provided sustainable marketing strategies that are well adapted to the evolutionary behavioural tendencies of humans.
Since 2017, she works at Leiden University as Assistant Professor of Social and Organisational Psychology.
Applied social psychological research of societal relevance
- Health promotion
- Poverty reduction
Environmental psychological research
- Psychology of Selling & Advertising
- Economic Consumer Psychology
- Perspectives on Career Planning
- Master thesis and Internship supervision
- Bachelor thesis project supervision
- Academic Skills
- Social Psychology in Organizations
- 2014: Transformative Consumer Research (1200 Euro)
- 2013: Amsterdam Global Change Institute (5000 Euro)
- 2016: Finalist ABRI Best PhD Paper Award
- 2003: Student Talent Award (1000 euro)
- Associatie van Sociaal-Psychologische Onderzoekers
- European Association of Social Psychology
- Association for Consumer Research
- European Marketing Academy
No relevant ancillary activities