Faculty of Science
Collections of goods at Sylvius Building
Nataliia Machushynets (IBL) and Yevhenii Radchenko (LIC) are two PhD candidates from Ukraine. They collect goods for their homecountry. Please find all the details below and support their initiative!
There is a humanitarian catastrophe happening in our homeland. Millions of people flee from war, hide in basements or subway stations, and lack vital goods in surrounded cities. Together with Red Cross we will collect and deliver basic goods to the people in need.
The students of Leiden University in collaboration with the Red Cross and other organizations have already collected many items. In just five days eight trucks of goods have been sent to Ukraine.
Drop off locations
March 16 through March 31
Gorlaeus Lecture Hall – Reception.
Huygens Building – Service corner (first floor).
Sylvius Building – Reception.
Snellius Building - Reception.
How can you help?
- Bring items from the list below.
- Share it with your family and friends.
- We can definitely use extra pairs of hands to help with the collection/loading of the goods.
- Baby food (liquid formula for newborns, powder formula for different ages, purees in jars, cereals)
- Baby bottles, pacifiers
- Baby wet wipes
- Baby clothes for newborns
- Any kind of medical equipment
- Any kind of medical consumables (Bandages, syringes, cathethers, etc.)
- Medications in their original packaging (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, Loperamide, activated charcoal, etc.)
- Sleeping mats
- Sleeping bags
- Warm blankets
- Soaps, shampoo, shower gel, dry(!) antiperspirants
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes
- Wet wipes, sanitisers
- Menstrual and intimate hygiene products
- Towels, hairbrushes
- Canned/dry food with a long shelf life
- Power banks
- Thermal clothing and socks (New or in a good condition)
- Underwear (New)