You can apply for the Aon Scholarship if you are a student with non-Dutch nationality writing your thesis in the field of health care or well-being in the academic year 2023/2024.
- 17 April 2023
- Target group
- Bachelor, Master
- Countries/ nationalities
- Non-Dutch nationals
- Scholarship type
- Study, Research
Talented and motivated students with non-Dutch nationality writing their thesis in the field of Health Care or Well-being in academic year 2023/2024.
The Aon Scholarship is a lump-sum of €6000.
- Student has non-Dutch nationality;
- Student is registered as a full-time student at Leiden University;
- Student needs to write their thesis in the field of health care or well-being in the academic year 2023/2024 for a bachelor or master.
- Compose a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and motivation letter (combined in one PDF) including:
- Your motivation for your selected bachelor/master and the name of your Dutch university/institution;
- If the scholarship is for a (research) project: description and motivation for your (research) project;
- Explanation of your need for a scholarship/financial support and why you would like to apply for the Aon Scholarship.
- Obtain two reference letters (combined in one PDF). The reference providers must be current or previous professors or study supervisor. If the scholarship is for a (research) project, include a reference from the supervisor describing the relevance of your (research) project. One of these two reference letters should address the candidate's need for financial support.
- Apply for the Aon Scholarship through this online form before Monday 17 April 2023. Attach the required documents mentioned under Application process.
Selection process and timeline
- Student must apply for the scholarship before Monday 17 April 2023.
- A Leiden University Selection Committee will evaluate all applications and nominate three students to Nuffic.
- On 16 May 2023, nominated candidates will receive an email with a link to the Nuffic website where they can apply for the Aon Scholarship, the deadline to apply is 5 June 2023.
- End of June: scholarship awardees will be announced.
Extra documents needed when nominated
If you are nominated by the Leiden University Selection Committee you will have to apply through the portal of Nuffic (see Selection process and timeline). You will then, in addition to the documents already provided also need to upload:
- a copy of your passport or ID card;
- a copy of your bank account details in the Netherlands or in one of the EU member state countries;
- proof of registration/admission at your institution for the academic year 2022-2023;
- diploma(s) or study transcript(s) from your current and previous higher education programme(s).