- Start level
- Target level
- Start courses
- September, februari
- Language of instruction
The Russian 7 course is intended for those who have completed the Russian 6 course or have a comparable level (B1.1). From the beginning of this course, you will start communicating in Russian. The topics covered include: health and diseases, family and relations, expressing wishes and congratulations. The necessary grammar is explained and ample attention is paid to vocabulary. All skills are covered: speaking, writing, reading and listening. Attention is also paid to the cultural context of the countries in which the language is spoken.
After completing this course, you will be able to understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure etc. You can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken. You can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest. You can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
The course makes use of the digital learning environment BrightSpace. Within this learning environment you will find the homework and additional learning materials. Course participants are expected to prepare the lessons at home. (approximately two hours per lesson)
The course is concluded with a test. Participants who have attended 80% of the lessons and who have successfully completed the final test are awarded a certificate.
- Passport to Russia 2, Lessons 18-19. Textbook, M Louwerse/L. Lubotsky. ISBN: 9789061433576
- Passport to Russia 2, Lessons 18-19. Workbook, M. Louwerse/L. Lubotsky. ISBN: 9789061433583
- Nederlands-Russisch / Russisch-Nederlands woordenboek. ISBN 9789061432449.
The course book used in this course consists of 10 chapters and corresponds to level B1 of the CEFR/ERK. The book is designed to guide you to level B1. The content is spread over 5 courses. After following the Russian 6 course you will reach level B1.1, after Russian 7 you will reach level B1.2 and after Russian 8 level B1.3.
The course material is not included in the registration fee. Course participants are required to purchase the material themselves.
Target group and admission requirements
The course is intended for adults with a higher education, including both Leiden University students and staff members and other interested parties with no relation to the University. The course is open to persons aged 17 and older who have completed a secondary school education.
Participants who have successfully completed the Russian 6 course at the Academic Language Centre or who can otherwise demonstrate the required entry level may apply.
- The maximum number of participants for this course is 18.
- The course load is 56 hours. On request a Course load declaration form can be issued. The student should enquire with their department whether course participation can be converted into credits.
- The holiday periods can be found in the Academic Language Centre's academic calendar.
- If classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, they will be added on to the end of the course. Please take into account courses may end later than scheduled.
- The course level is indicated with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.