- Target group
- Start level
- Target level
- Start courses
- September, February
- Language of instruction
Participants learn the specific language use which they need in the most frequently occurring everyday situations. Various aspects of life and customs are covered. Participants study grammar and vocabulary and practice these skills in a communicative context. German is in principle the language of instruction. Participants are expected to prepare for the lessons at home (approximately two hours per lesson).
The course is concluded with a oral/written test. A certificate is awarded if the test is completed successfully and the participant has attended 80% of the lessons.
Ter afsluiting van de cursus vindt een schriftelijke toetsing plaats. Indien men 80% van de lessen aanwezig is geweest en de eindtoets succesvol heeft afgelegd, ontvangt men een certificaat.
- Lemcke, C., Berliner Platz 4 neu. Langenscheidt Bei Klett. ISBN 9783126060776.
The course material is not included in the registration fee. Course participants are required to purchase course materials themselves.
Target group and admission requirements
The course is intended for adults with a higher education, including both Leiden University students and staff members and other interested parties with no relation to the University. The course is open to persons aged 17 and older who have completed a secondary school education.
You can participate in this course if you have successfully completed the German 7 course or if you can prove that you have a comparable level of German. Potential participants who do not fulfil these entry requirements have to complete an entry test to determine whether their level is sufficient. This test is a computer test. It can either be taken at the Language Centre or downloaded and taken at home.
- The maximum number of participants for this course is 18.
- The course load is 56 hours. On request a Course load declaration form can be issued. The student should enquire with their department whether course participation can be converted into credits.
- The holiday periods can be found in the Academic Language Centre's academic calendar.
- If classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, they will be added on to the end of the course. Please take into account courses may end later than scheduled.
- The course level is indicated with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.