Dutch for Civic Integration level 6
- Target group
- Civic integration candidates
- Start level
- Start level
- Target level
- Course fee
- € 1170
- Start level
- September, January, April
- Language of instruction
Nederlands voor inburgeraars niveau 6 is a classroom course.
The teacher and all course participants are present in the classroom.
The student's existing everyday vocabulary is further expanded. Knowledge of grammar is revised and expanded. Various linguistic skills are dealt with: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Students practise giving presentations. Conversation and authentic texts are centered around various scientific and current topics. The student learns approximately 600 new words. Conversation skills are practised with the class as well as in groups and language lab equipment is used. Students are expected to prepare at home; preparation time is estimated at approximately 3 hours per session.
The pace is fast and students are expected to actively participate in and prepare for the lessons.
Upon completing the course, participants will be able to have a conversation on a variety of current topics with relative ease. Participants will also be able to give a basic presentation. The course is concluded with a final test and a certificate (minimum attendance 80%).
- Boer e.a., Nederlands op niveau (nieuwe editie), Uitgeverij Couthino. ISBN 9789046904411.
- Gathier, M., Welkom in Nederland (3e druk), Uitgeverij Couthino. ISBN 9789046904886.
The course material is included in the registration fee. Course participants will receive the course materials through the Academic Language Centre. Nederlands op niveau is also used in Dutch 5 and the other two in Dutch 3 and 4, and will only be handed out once.
Target group and admission requirements
This course is intended for adults with higher levels of education and is especially meant for Civic Integration applicants. The DUO-loan can be used to pay for the course.
These courses are open to highly educated people who have completed at least 14 years of education in their country of origin and whose command of English corresponds to B1 level. For this course knowledge of the language is required. Those who have a certificate from the previous course can enrol directly. Others are required to check by means of an entrance exam if they have sufficient knowledge to take part. To find out whether you can take part in the course we will plan an intake interview. You can make an appointment for an intake interview by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a fast-paced course. Students are expected to prepare each lesson and to actively participate in each class.
There are classes 3 times per week for 3 hours.
|Course code||Course period||Days||Time|
|This course will not be offered in April|
- The maximum number of participants for this course is 14.
- The holiday periods can be found in the Academic Language Centre's academic calendar.
- If classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, they will be added at the end of the courses. Please take into account that courses may end later than scheduled.
- The course level is indicated with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.