Dutch for Civic Integration level 4
- Target group
- Civic integration candidates
- Start level
- Start level
- Target level
- Course fee
- € 1150
- Start courses
- September, January, April
- Language of instruction
- You can register for this course at the reception desk of the Academic Language Centre. Please bring with you as evidence of payment a recent letter from DUO (the Executive Education Agency) clearly indicating that you are entitled to a student loan.
This is an online course. To be able to participate in this course, you are advised to use a headset with microphone. The following requirements also apply:
To check that everything is working properly, please use: Quick Tech Check
The student's vocabulary is further expanded to include abstract terminology and a more in-depth knowledge of grammar will be acquired. Attention is given to special rules and exceptions. Various linguistic skills are dealt with: speaking, listening, writing and reading. Texts and topics of conversation are centred around various popular scientific and current topics. The student learns approximately 600 new words. Conversation skills are practised with the class as well as in groups and language lab equipment is used. The teacher deals with texts and grammatical points using authentic texts. Students are expected to prepare at home; preparation time is estimated at approximately 3 hours per lesson.
The pace is fast and students are expected to actively participate and prepare for the lessons.
In this course the preparation for the 'Kennis van de Nederlandse Maatschappij' -exam will continue.
Upon completing the course, participants will be able to have a conversation on a variety of current topics with relative ease. Participants will also be able to understand texts and conversations. The course is concluded with a final test and a certificate (minimum attendance 80%).
- Boer e.a., Nederlands in actie, Uitgeverij Couthino. ISBN 9789046902981.
- Loeffen e.a., Trefwoord 1, Nordhoff Uitgevers. ISBN 9789001140953.
- Gathier, M., Welkom in Nederland (3e druk), Uitgeverij Couthino. ISBN 9789046904886.
The course material is included in the registration fee. Course participants will receive the course materials through the Academic Language Centre. This book is also used in Dutch 3 and will only be handed out once.
Target group and admission requirements
This course is intended for adults with higher levels of education and is especially meant for Civic Integration applicants. The DUO-loan can be used to pay for the course.
For this course knowledge of the language is required. Those who have a certificate from the previous course can enrol directly. Others are required to check by means of an entrance exam if they have sufficient knowledge to take part. This is a computerised test which you can only do at the Language Centre. Please get in touch with us to make an appointment and we will make a reservation for you: 071 - 5272332 / email@example.com
This is a fast-paced course. Students are expected to prepare each lesson and to actively participate in each class.
There are classes 3 times per week for 3 hours.
|Course code||Course period||Days||Time|
|ndi4-sc||11 Jan.- 18 March||Monday, Tuesday and Thursday||9:15 -12:00|
|ndi4-sd||11 Jan.- 19 March||Monday, Wednesday and Friday||9:15 -12:00|
- The maximum number of participants for this course is 14.
- The holiday periods can be found in the Academic Language Centre's academic calendar.
- If classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, they will be added at the end of the courses. Please take into account that courses may end later than scheduled.
- The course level is indicated with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.