Dutch for Civic Integration level 1
- Target group
- Civic integration candidates
- Start level
- Target level
- Course fee
- € 1170
- Start courses
- September, January, April
- Language of instruction
This is a traditional classroom courses.
The teacher and all students will be present in the classroom.
This course covers all basic skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing, and particularly focuses on everyday language use. Other areas of focus are basic grammar and basic vocabulary of Dutch. During class, conversational skills are practiced by speaking with the entire group, with smaller groups, and by making use of the equipment available in the language laboratory. One lesson requires approximately two hours of preparation. Upon completion of this course, you are able to have a short conversation on everyday subjects such as where you live, where you are from, and family background. You are also able to understand notices and simple texts. As conclusion of the course, you are required to take part in a written exam. You will receive a certificate at the end of the course, provided that you passed the written exam and that your absence over all the lessons is 20% or less.
- Boer e.a., Nederlands in gang, Uitgeverij Couthino. ISBN 9789046905609.
The course material is included in the registration fee. Course participants will receive the course materials through the Academic Language Centre. This book will also be used in Dutch 2 and will only be handed out once.
Target group and admission requirements
These courses are open to highly educated people who have completed at least 14 years of education in their country of origin and whose command of English corresponds to B1 level. To register for this course you must first complete an English test. To find out whether you can take part in the course we will plan an intake interview. You can make an appointment for an intake intervivew by telephone at 071 527 2332 during the opening hours of the Academic Language Centre.
This is a fast-paced course. Students are expected to prepare each lesson and to actively participate in each class.
There are classes 3 times per week for 3 hours.
|Course code||Course period||Days||Time|
|ndi1-tc (classroom)||1o Jan. - 18 March 2022||Monday, Wednesday and Friday||9:15-12:00|
- The maximum number of participants for this course is 14.
- The holiday periods can be found in the Academic Language Centre's academic calendar.
- If classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, they will be added at the end of the courses. Please take into account that courses may end later than scheduled.
- The course level is indicated with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.