Dutch SPOC 1B
- Start level
- Target level
- Start courses
- September, February
- Language of instruction
- exclusively for international students of Leiden University who succesfully followed the free online course Dutch & More
This Dutch 1B is a follow up course to the online course 'Dutch & More'. The course is a beginners' course of Dutch as a second language (NT2) for participants who wish to follow a non-intensive course. This course covers the second half of a regular Dutch 1 course.
All the basic language skills will be dealt with: speaking, listening, writing and reading. During the course you will acquire basic Dutch grammar and vocabulary. Reading texts and topics of conversation will be centred around everyday situations, giving you the opportunity to become familiar with both informal and formal language use.
Please note that his course will be offered in Den Haag as well as Leiden.
- Boer e.a., Nederlands in gang, H4 t/m H9, Uitgeverij Coutinho. ISBN 9789046905609.
The course material is not included in the registration fee. Course participants are required to purchase course materials themselves.
Target group and admission requirements
This course is offered at a discount for students of Leiden University who have succesfully completed the spoc and who have a score of at least 60 percent in the final test.
- The holiday periods can be found in the Academic Language Centre's academic calendar.
- If classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, they will be added at the end of the courses. Please take into account that courses may end later than scheduled.
- The course level is indicated with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.