Chinese for alumni
- HSK niveau 4
This is an online course. To be able to participate in this course, you are advised to use a headset with microphone. The following requirements also apply:
To check that everything is working properly, please use: Quick Tech Check
The course starting in September consists of 12 sessions of 1 hour and 45 minutes each, once every two weeks. Interactive assignments should be completed in the interim week. The four key skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) are addressed in each lesson. The course is concluded with a final test.
From April we offer a follow-up course of 6 sessions.
- HSK Standard Course 5a - Textbook. ISBN 9787561940334.
During the course, material that the teachers have put together themselves are used, based on contemporary, multimedia practice, responding to current events. A current topic is the central theme in every lesson. In addition to texts, the course also uses audio, video, internet, social media and other media Knowledge of the Chinese language will be refreshed in an entirely new way!
Target group and admission requirements
This course is primarily intended for alumni of the Chinese degree programme at Leiden University, though graduates with a Sinology degree from other universities are also welcome. For others who have become familiar with Chinese language and culture in other ways, the HSK (new style) admission requirement is level 4.
- The maximum number of participants for this course is 18.
- The course load is 56 hours. On request a Course load declaration form can be issued. The student should enquire with their department whether course participation can be converted into credits.
- The holiday periods can be found in the Academic Language Centre's academic calendar.
- If classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, they will be added on to the end of the course. Please take into account courses may end later than scheduled.
- The course level is indicated with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.