Leiden University Centre for Digital Humanities
Conferences, Workshops and Lectures showcasing research and tools in Digital Humanities.
- 4 November: LUCDH Lunch talk: Emma Grootveld (LUCAS) and Sabine Périgault on "Fluvial chronotypes and cultural identity in Early Modern Italian poems” and the "data visualization of the macrostructural distribution of themes".
- 25 September: Alex Brandsen's Introduction to Text Mining workshop
- 3 - 5 June: DH Benelux - Online 2020: DH Benelux is an initiative that aims to further the collaboration between Digital Humanities activities in Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg. The conference serves as a platform for the community of interdisciplinary DH researchers to meet, present, and discuss their latest research findings and to demonstrate tools and projects. Presentations will be uploaded to the DH Benelux 2020 Community at Zenodo.org.
- 15 April: LUCDH Lunch Talk - Online: Assoc. Prof. Katy Kavanagh Webb (Joyner Library, E. Carolina Univ.)
"Data, Video, Coding, Digital Humanities: Libraries are Spaces to Create"
- 4 March: LUCDH Lunch Talk: Dr. Lotte Fikkers (Centre for the Arts in Society/Modern English Literature)
"Unopened Manuscripts: Making the Unreadable Readable"
- 5 February: LUCDH Lunch Talk: Dr. Angus Mol (Centre for the Arts in Society/History/LUCDH)
"Playful Time Machines: Research and Outreach at the Interface of Games, History, and Heritage"
- 3 Dec: LUCDH Lunch Talk: Prof. Arianna Betti (UvA)
"Computational Humanities: Models, Methods, and Tools"
- 29 Nov: LUCDH Studium Digitale - Dr. Angus Mol
QGIS3 Workshop given by Jonathan Bos
- 21 Nov: CDS/UBL
Symposium on Tools Criticism
- 6 Nov: LUCDH Lunch Talk: Dr. Roos van Oosten (Leiden)
"Making Social Inequality Tangible: Mapping Historical Leiden 1557 - 1894"
- 17 Oct - Prof. dr. Robert Erdmann (Rijksmuseum/UvA)
The Secret Life of Art: Data Science for Art History and Art Conservation
- 8 Oct: A. Brandsen, L. Bylinina, J. Hu, C. van den Hoven, & S. Stolk
LUCDH Small Grants Symposium
- 2 Oct: LUCDH Lunch Talk: Dr. Jelena Prokic (Leiden)
"When Computers Tell Stories"
- LUCDH Lunch Talk: Manolis Fragkiadakis (Leiden)
"Sign Language Recognition and Automatic Annotation"
- 12 Dec: LUCDH Lunch Talk: Karina van Dalen-Oskam
"The Riddle of Literary Quality: A Part of the Answer"
- 14 Nov: LUCDH Lunch Talk: Joris van Zundert
"Modelling Multidimensional Narratives and the Object Oriented Fox"
- 17 Oct: LUCDH Lunch Talk: Marnix van Berchum
"Early Music & Modern Technologies: Developments in Digital Musicology"
- 26 Sept: LUCDH Lunch Talk: Krista Murchison & Ben Companjen
"Manuscripts, Metadata, and Medieval Multinguilism"
- 7 December 2017: LUCDH Lunch Talk: Research Catalogue
- 24 November 2017: LUCDH Lunch Talk: Portable Light Dome Demonstration
- 21 September 2017: LUCDH Lunch Talk: Daily Forecasts and the Dutch Image of Europe
- 14 June 2017: Seminar Mind, Text and Mining
- 18 May 2017: LUCDH Lunch Talk: Digital Inequality and the Digital Humanities
- 10 May 2017: LUCDH Lunch Talk: Biographical Databases
- 3 May 2017: LUCIS Masterclass Text Reuse
- 26 April 2017: LUCDH Lunch Talk: International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF)
- 20 April 2017: Opening Symposium Leiden University Centre for Digital Humanities
- 30 March 2017: Future directions in Digital Humanities
- 22 March 2017: Shadow Libraries: The Politics of Mass Digitization