Leiden University logo.

nl en

Arsenaal

Plans

Preparations for the internal refurbishment of Arsenaal began in 2016, when the Asian Library moved to the University Library. The refurbishment will encompass the interior and installations. The result will be modern work places, teaching and study areas and attractive meeting places. The exterior of the building will remain unchanged. The refurbishment is expected to begin in January 2019. 

Future users

Some of the employees of the LUCAS institutes (Leiden University Center for the Arts in Society) and LUCL (Leiden University Center for Linguistics) will move into the building after the renovation.

 

The exterior of the historic Arsenaal will remail unchanged. The interior will undergo full refurbishment.
Artists' impressions architect Ernst Hoek
The back of Arsenaal. The original name of the adjoining Doelenpoort (1645) was Sint Jorispoort, after the Sint Joris civil guard.
This website uses cookies.  More information.