Experience Day Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology
- Thursday 28 November 2019
- Pieter de la Court
2333 AK Leiden
Get to know this programme!
During this Experience Day, you will attend a lecture and tutorial. Just like real students, you will be asked to complete a homework assignment. Current students of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology and various professors will also be available to answer all of your questions. Find the full programme including homework below.
Programme Experience Day CADS 28 November
13:00 – 13:30 Information market with current students and study advisers
13:30 – 14:00 Short presentation by study adviser Taco de Ruiter
14:00 – 14:45 Lecture by Bart Barendregt
14:45 – 15:00 Break
15:00 – 15:45 Tutorial in Dutch by Igor Boog or tutorial in English by Jemma Middleton
16:00 – 16:30 (Non-alcoholic) drinks
- Read chapters 1 and 2 (pages 1 – 24) of the following article:
Miller, Daniel, Elisabetta Costa, Nell Haynes, Tom McDonald, Razvan Nicolescu, Jolynna Sinanan, Juliano Spyer, Shriram Venkatraman, and Xinyuan Wang. How the world changed social media. Vol. 1. UCL press, 2016.
- Try for 3 subsequent days to keep a diary on your own social media use. How do you connect through social media with family and friends, and how do you use various platforms for various purposes? What does it do to your social relations? Please write down your findings and bring to the experience day:
- Which platforms do you use?
- How many hours a day for each (or simultaneously)?
- For which purposes?
- To communicate with whom?
- What does it do to your social relations?