Leiden International (Bio)Medical Student Conference Online
- Friday 12 March 2021 - Saturday 13 March 2021
- You will receive access to the special online platform via your email after registration
This year on the 12th and 13th of March, the Leiden International (Bio)Medical Student Conference (LIMSC) will take place online for the very first time. We will transfer the largest biennial student conference of the world to its own unique online environment.
The conference offers life science students from all over the world the opportunity to expand their international network and learn from prominent guest speakers. The conference is composed of a diverse scientific and social programme. Both on Saturday and Sunday, the conference will start at 13:00 and end around 18:00/19:00 (UTC +1/CET).
The scientific programme
- Guest lecture by Dr. Jodi Sherman, Associate Professor of Anesthesiology at Yale University (New Haven, United States of America) on the effects of modern medicine on our environment and climate change
- Guest lecture by Dr. David Nutt, Professor of Neuropsychopharmacology at Imperial College (London, United Kingdom), who will discuss how psychedelic drugs can be used in a clinical setting
- COVID-19 panel discussion featuring the president of the Dutch Outbreak Management Team, a health psychologist, a researcher specialized in infectious diseases and an intensivist
- 8 different interactive workshops to choose from, ranging from a workshop ‘Virtual Patient Simulator’ to discussions about global health challenges
The social programme is composed of a pubquiz on Friday and a medical Espace Room on Saturday in the late afternoon (UTC +1/CET). In the latter, you will have to discover clues, solve puzzles and accomplish tasks in several virtual ‘rooms’ in a limited amount of time. You will also be able to win prizes, such as tickets for the 12th edition of LIMSC from the 16th till the 20th of March 2022!
And, to top it all off, an online post-conference tour will be available during the whole conference, so you can discover the city of Leiden and its hotspots from the comfort of your own home. In the last 4 weeks up to Online LIMSC, you can also expect the release of an inspirational short documentary series on the Leiden University Medical Center
Over 300 students have already registered for the Online LIMSC. You can also very easily sign up via the website www.limsc.org, where you can also find much more information on the conference. You can also sign up for the LIMSC newsletter to keep up with the latest news about LIMSC.
We hope to see you on the 12th and 13th of March and look forward to meeting you!