Humanities Art Route
- Saturday 25 May 2019 - Monday 8 July 2019
- P.J. Veth
2311 VJ Leiden
In this age of globalisation, mutual understanding is more important than ever. If we want to work and live together, it is crucial that we understand one another. Knowledge of the Humanities provides the insight that is required to achieve this.
About the competition
Creative students, staff and alumni of the Humanities Faculty have translated the concept of 'Humanities Matter' into poems, paintings, installations and performances. They take part in the art competition 'Humanities Matter' and pay tribute to the Humanities.
The first prize is awarded by an independent jury and amounts to the fine price of €444,-! Some smaller prizes will also be awarded to other exciting and interesting artworks.
About the jury
- Rosalien van der Poel, institute manager at the Academy of Creative and Performing Arts (ACPA)
- Olivier Fajgenblat, student member of the faculty board of the Faculty of Humanities
- Barthel Brussee, visual artist, Alumnus from the Royal Academy of Art in The Hague
- Alexander Dencher, lecturer at the Centre for the Arts in Society and Junior Curator of Decorative Arts at the Rijksmuseum
You can find the artworks at various locations at the Humanities Faculty that are brought together via an art route.
A map of the route and various locations within the various buildings will follow soon.