Responsible Behaviour in Cyberspace: Novel Horizons
- 5 November 2018 - 7 November 2018
- Het Spaansche Hof
2512HD The Hague
The team of the The Hague Program for Cyber Norms is pleased to invite you to its inaugural conference on responsible behaviour in cyberspace, taking place this fall. The conference features Laura DeNardis, Myriam Dunn Cavelty, Dennis Broeders and Adam Segal as keynote speakers, five panel tracks on state and non-state/industry actors, power dynamics, institutional perspectives, regional perspectives and international law, and a panel discussion on private sector involvement in cyber norms with representatives from Microsoft, Siemens and KPN.
This program is in English.
- Laura DeNardis, Professor in the School of Communication and Faculty Director of the Internet Governance Lab at American University in Washington DC.
- Myriam Dunn Cavelty, Senior Lecturer for Security Studies and Deputy for Research and Teaching at the Center for Security Studies (CSS) in Zürich.
- Adam Segal, Ira A. Lipman Chair in Emerging Technologies and National Security and the Director of the Digital and Cyberspace Policy Program at the Council of Foreign Relations.
- Dennis Broeders, Senior Fellow of the The Hague Program for Cyber Norms at Leiden University’s Institute of Security and Global Affairs.
Plenary panel on private sector involvement in cyber norms with
- Jaya Baloo, Chief Information Security Officer, KPN
- Nemanja Malisevic, Chief Senior Strategist & International Lead Defending Democracy Program, Microsoft
- Vibhu Sharma, Senior Director – Trusted Digital Transformations & Global Cybersecurity R4B Lead
- Camino Kavanagh, Visiting Fellow, War Studies Department at King’s College London, and independent international consultant (moderator)
Monday 5 November 2018
12:00 – Start conference & Lunch
14:15 – Welcome
14:45 – Keynote by Myriam Dunn Cavelty
16:30 – Industry panel with Jaya Baloo, Nemanja Malisevic, Vibhu Sharma & Camino Kavanagh
17:30 – Drinks
Tuesday 6 November 2018
9:30 – Keynote by Adam Segal
11:00 – Parallel sessions on International Law & Power
12:30 – Lunch
13:30 – Plenary session
15:30 – Parallel sessions on Institutional Perspectives & Power
16:30 – Keynote by Dennis Broeders
17:30 – Break / Drinks
19:30 – Conference Dinner
Wednesday 7 November 2018
9:30 – Keynote by Laura DeNardis
10:30 – Parallel sessions on Industry & Norms, Public-Private & International Law
12:00 – Parallel sessions on Institutional Perspectives & Regional Perspectives
13:30 – Closing & Lunch
15:00 – End conference
Tickets: €300 regular price; €150 for students/PhD candidates
You can register online via the following link.
- The registration fee includes admission to all plenary and parallel sessions, networking reception, conference dinner, lunches and coffee breaks on all three days.
If you require an invoice, please contact us before registering at email@example.com
Terms & conditions when registering for this conference can be found here.
For any questions or more information about the conference, please contact Corianne Oosterbaan, Program Assistant of the The Hague Program for Cyber Norms at firstname.lastname@example.org.