International conference on Bilingualism in the Hispanic and Lusophone world (BHL)
- 9 January 2019 - 11 January 2019
- Kamerlingh Onnes Building
2311 ES Leiden
- Grotius conference room
BHL is a biannual conference (Leiden 2015, Tallahassee (Florida) 2017) that brings together researchers working on different aspects of bilingualism in the Hispanic and Lusophone world to share new insights regarding methodology and extend and strengthen the dialogue on furthering our understanding of bilingualism. Hence, BHL is dedicated to research in any area related to bilingualism, including theoretical linguistics, sociolinguistics, language contact, second language and bilingual acquisition, heritage languages, communication, education, and psycholinguistics. By bringing together researchers from different perspectives we hope to be able to share new insights regarding methodology and get a better understanding of bilingualism.
- Mily Crevels (Leiden University, The Netherlands)
- Cristina Flores (University of Minho, Portugal)
- John Lipski (Pennsylvania State University, USA)
- Liliana Sánchez (Rutgers University, USA)
- Jorge Valdés Kroff (University of Florida, USA)
- New deadline for abstract submission: September 10th, 2018, midnight Eastern Time.
- Notification of acceptance: mid October 2018
- Conference dates: January 9-11, 2019
For more information see the conference website