"Het zijn net mensen" revisited: reporting about Islam and the Middle East in 2017
LUCIS (Leiden University Centre for the Study of Islam and Society) and Science ON AIR organise four evenings in March and April in which Dutch journalists talk about their ways of reporting on Islam and the Middle East.
A series of evenings, organised by LUCIS and Science ON AIR, in which Dutch journalists reflect on their ways of reporting about Islam and the Middle East, ten years after Joris Luyendijk's bestseller Het zijn net mensen: beelden uit het Midden-Oosten was published in the Netherlands (in English: Hello Everybody!: One Journalist's Search for Truth in the Middle East).
- Marije van Beek | journalist at Trouw
- Sinan Can | investigative journalist at BNN-VARA
- Jan Eikelboom | reporter at Nieuwsuur, covering the Middle East
- Andreas Kouwenhoven | journalist at NRC Handelsblad
- Joost Lagendijk | former member of the European Parliament, political analyst, publicist and former columnist at Zaman
- Silvan Schoonhoven | journalist at De Telegraaf
- Nikki Sterkenburg | journalist at Elsevier
- Ebru Umar | columnist for various media, including Metro
Please note that this event is in Dutch. For more information, please visit our Dutch-language website.