Lecture | Workshop
A transition to Fair Open Access
- Prof. Martin Eve (OLH)
- Prof. Jos Baeten (CWI)
- Friday 7 April 2017
Witte Singel 26-27
2311 BG Leiden
- Vossius Room
During this workshop, we will present the results of our LingOA pilot project that aims at moving scholarly journals in linguistics from subscription to Fair Open Access. Fair Open Access stands for the following principles that publishers have to comply with:
- The editorial board or a learned society owns the title of the journals.
- Authors retain copyright and a CC-BY license applies.
- Authors do not pay for APCs. APCs are paid by funding agencies and library
consortia such as the Open Library of Humanities (OLH)
- All articles are published in Full Open Access (no subscriptions, no ‘double dipping’)
- Article processing charges (APCs) are low (< 1000 euros), transparent,
and in proportion to the work of the publisher.
The Open Library of Humanities will also be presented, and our plans for extension to other disciplines. Intended audience: librarians, OpenAIRE NOADs, researchers / editors, policy makers and other stakeholders interested in sustainable & Fair Open Access publishing. The workshop is free of charge, but as places are limited, registration is required.
Please register by sending an email to email@example.com
Vossius Room, Leiden University Library
9.00 – 9.30 Reception: coffee & tea
9.30 – 9.45 Welcome and overview of the morning
9.45 – 10.15 The Open Library of Humanities – prof. Martin Eve (OLH)
10.15 – 11.00 Fair Open Access in SSH: LingOA – prof. Johan Rooryck (LU)
11.00 – 11.30 Break
11.30 – 12.00 Mathematics in Open Access – prof. Jos Baeten (CWI)
12.00 – 12.30 Discussion & wrap-up.