Generative Linguistics in the Old World (GLOW) 40
- Hagit Borer (Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London)
- Eulàlia Bonet (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- Maribel Romero (Universitaet Konstanz)
- Silvina Montrul (University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign)
- Tuesday 14 March 2017 - Friday 17 March 2017
The 40th GLOW (Generative Linguistics in the Old World) colloquium will take place in Leiden. It is organised and hosted by the Leiden University Centre for Linguistics (LUCL).
GLOW consists of a main colloquium (March 15 – 17), and three workshops (on March 14).
The main conference has no specific theme; please find the programme on the GLOW2017 Main Colloquium page.
The three workshops to be held on March 14 have the following themes:
Workshop I: Syntax-Phonology Interface – What does Phonology need to know about Syntax and vice versa
Invited speaker: Eulàlia Bonet (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
Workshop II: Compositionality at the Interfaces
Invited speaker: Maribel Romero (Universitaet Konstanz)
Workshop III: Heritage Language Knowledge and Acquisition
Invited speaker : Silvina Montrul (University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign)
GLOW 40 will also be complemented by two special workshops, one hosted by Meertens (on March 13) and one by the University of Amsterdam and Meertens (March 18, invited speakers only).
Special workshop on March 13:
- The Interface Within – What relationships hold between prosody and melody?
This workshop takes place at the Meertens Institute, Amsterdam.
Special workshop on March 18 (invited speakers only):
- What happened to government? Workshop on the occasion of the retirement of Hans Bennis
This workshop takes place at the University Library, Amsterdam.