Conference | Workshop
LUCL Labs 2017
- Thursday 26 January 2017 - Friday 27 January 2017
2311 BD Leiden
Join us on 26th and 27th January 2017 to find out more about the experimental linguistics labs and gain some useful skills for your research.
Thursday 26th January
A lot has been going on in the labs in 2016! Come and find out what we've been up to.
10am - 1pm Hear about current experimental research in the LUCL labs and take a tour
4pm - 5pm See the posters of the first students to finish the new BA Methods course (from 5pm onwards: drinks and "hapjes")
Friday 27th January
Gain skills for your research by taking one or two of our in-depth tutorials.
10am - 1pm morning session
2pm - 5pm afternoon session
- Create a script in E-prime and run it in the EEG lab
- Making recordings in the Phonetics Lab and using Praat scripts
- Fieldwork: create a basic script in PsychoPy to present stimuli on your own laptop
- A hands-on introduction to collecting data in the Eyetracking Lab
- Basic tips and tricks for organising data in Excel
- Baby Lab: collecting data and coding video in ELAN