Beyond Papyri: The Materiality of Ancient Texts
- Thursday 27 October 2016 - Saturday 29 October 2016
Witte Singel 26-27
2311 BG Leiden
- Vossius Room, South Hall, 2nd floor
The Leiden Papyrology+ Group organizes a yearly international conference in Leiden under the general heading of 'Papyri in a Changing World'.
The wider perspective includes other writing materials than papyrus and different languages, areas and periods. A range of renowned scholars have already accepted our invitation to give a paper, including (in alphabetical order):
- Rodney AST (Heidelberg)
- Clementina CAPUTO (Salento)
- Christopher EYRE (Liverpool)
- Margaretha FOLMER (Leiden)
- Ben HARING (Leiden)
- Julia LOUGOVAYA (Heidelberg)
- Massimiliano PINARELLO (London)
- Kathryn PIQUETTE (London)
- Luigi PRADA (Oxford)
- Antonia SARRI (Heidelberg)
- John SCHAFER (Northwestern)
- Petra SIJPESTEIJN (Leiden)
- Suzanne TOEPFER (Heidelberg)
- Arthur VERHOOGT (Michigan).
The preliminary program will soon be published on this page.
The conference is organised on behalf of the Papyrology+ Group by the members of the Leiden Papyrological Institute, Dr. Koen Donker van Heel and Dr. Cisca Hoogendijk, with the help of Steffie van Gompel MA and Petra Hogenboom MA. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.