Workshop on Word Stress and Accent
- Friday 15 August 2014 - Sunday 17 August 2014
- Lipsius Building
From 15 August up to and including 17 August LUCL will host a workshop on word stress. The aim of this workshop is to bring together researchers and scholars interested in the nature of stress and accent in the world's languages.
This is a follow-up workshop to the workshops on Stress and Accent held in 2010 and 2011 at the University of Cennecticut and in 2012 at the University of Delaware. It is supported by grant no. 1123692 from the National Science Foundation and Leiden University Centre for Linguistics.
- S. L. Anya Lunden (College of William & Mary)
- Carlos Gussenhoven (Radboud University Nijmegen)
- Vincent van Heuven (Leiden University and University of Pannonia (Veszprém, Hungary)
- Larry Hyman (UC Berkeley)
- Rene Kager (Utrecht University)
- Haruo Kubozono (National Institute for Japanese Linguistics, Tokyo)
- Jean Lowenstamm (Université Paris-Diderot & CNRS)
- Marc van Oostendorp (Leiden University)
- Keren Rice (University of Toronto)
- Iggy Roca (University of Essex)
- Hisao Tokizaki (Sapporo University)