Summer School in Languages and Linguistics
The Leiden Summer School in Languages and Linguistics offers a varied program of specialized courses in Descriptive linguistics, in Chinese, Germanic, Indo-European, Indian, Iranian, Semitic languages and linguistics , as well as a number of introductory linguistic courses. During these two weeks of intense learning, you will be able to deepen and broaden your knowledge, at the same time enjoying the company of linguistics students and enthusiasts from all over the world.
All courses are taught in English, which means that good knowledge of the English language is a basic requirement. Only the course on Russian literature is taught in Russian.
Active participation in a course stands for 2 ECTS. At the end of the Summer School, every participant will receive a certificate, which will indicate the courses followed and the amount of awarded ECTS credits. In order to get 5 ECTS credits (in total per course), participants can ask their teacher for an extra take-home examination, which will then be corrected and graded after the Summer School. If the student passes, he/she will receive a new certificate with the extra three ECTS from the organization.
The fees for participation are as follows:
- €660,- for 4 courses / timeslots
- €550,- for 3 courses / timeslots
- €400,- for 2 courses / timeslots
- €250,- for 1 course / timeslot
There is a special rate for registered BA/MA/PhD students (outside Leiden), who pay
- €600,- for 4 courses / timeslots
- €510,- for 3 courses / timeslots
- €360,- for 2 courses / timeslots
- €210,- for 1 course / timeslot
BA/MA/PhD students, registered in Leiden, pay
- €400,- for 4 courses / timeslots
- €330,- for 3 courses / timeslots
- €240,- for 2 courses / timeslots
- €150,- for 1 course / timeslot
Please note: the fee includes the courses, coffee and tea, welcome drinks and a farewell dinner
Optional additional costs:
€80,- for a warm lunch (10 days)
TBA - the costs for the buffets, boat tour and excursion
View course material for Russian literatur here.
If you have already paid the tuition fee, but are no longer able to attend the Summer School, please contact the organizers as soon as possible.
- Refund for accommodation costs: 100%* until 1 May
- Refund of tuition fee and/or lunch: 100%* until 1 June
No refund is possible after these dates.
* Please note that for a refund we will ask you to pay €30,- administration costs. Refunds will be issued no earlier than September.