Life Science and Business Studies (MSc)
The specialisation enables you to understand the fundamentals of management and entrepreneurship alongside high quality research in Life Science and Technology.
The compulsory LST modules in this specialisation comprise a research training project (at least 30 EC), four core courses (24 EC) and a course related to academic training (6 EC). You can choose electives (maximum of 20 EC) in consultation with your mentor. The Business Studies component comprises at least 40 EC. Within the business component you can choose from two tracks:
- The Management track is for students who consider employment opportunities in industry, and who are looking to acquire knowledge of business principles and training in managerial skills. The track provides an introduction to general management theory and practice.
- The New Technology Ventures track is for students interested in the process of creating and managing novel technology-based businesses.
Programme (120 EC)
Compulsory elements (36 EC)
- Research training project (30 EC)
- Academic skills (scientific writing and Science Methodology) (6 EC)
Core courses - Molecular sciences (24 EC)
- Molecular Chemistry (MC) (6 EC)
- Biomolecular Structures (BIMS) (6 EC)
- Bionanotechnology (BNT) (6 EC)
- Chemical Genetics (CG) (6 EC)
Core courses - Medical Sciences (24 EC)
- Genome organization and maintenance in cancer and aging (GCA) (6 EC)
- Bio(medical) Informatics (BMI) (6 EC)
- Global Regulatory Networks in Bacteria (GRNB) (6 EC)
- In-vivo biomolecular interactions underlying diseases (IBID) (6 EC)
Electives (0 - 20 EC)
- Bioinorganic Catalysis (BIOC) (6 EC)
- Biomaterials (BMAT) (6 EC)
- Chemical Immunology (CHI) (6 EC)
- Cross-domain chromatin organisation (CDC) (4 EC)
- Metals and Life (MAL) (6 EC)
- Molecular Aspects of RNA Viruses (MRV) (4 EC)
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry (SOC) (6 EC)
- Supramolecular Chemistry (SUP) (6 EC)
- Photochemistry (PC) (6 EC)
- Density Functional Theory in Practice (DIP) (6 EC)
- Integrated Cell Biology (ICB) (2 EC)
The LST master offers you many opportunities to create your own programme. You will have the possibility to carry out an internship abroad at another university or company or follow courses abroad.