Why Leiden University
Leiden University is one of the most respected educational institutions in the world and is home to renowned scholars and acclaimed programmes, including International Tax Law.
9 reasons why should study International Tax Law in Leiden
- Expert instructors: You will be taught by expert staff and guest lecturers who are widely respected in the field of international tax law.
- International environment: In addition to the international focus of the curriculum, the unique blend of students and instructors that represent all continents makes our programme a truly global experience.
- Excellent reputation: Leiden Law School has developed its reputation for excellence by combining a high level of academic teaching with acclaimed and innovative research. Its tradition of quality attracts prestigious professors and professionals from around the world who teach you in a challenging and supportive atmosphere.
- Highly interactive classroom: Small-seminar style classes are crafted specifically to foster dialogues between instructors and students.
- Strong professional dimension: You will receive training in research, analysis and legal writing. The programme pays specific attention to the development of English drafting skills.
- Comprehensive perspective: The programme aims at being the most comprehensive International Taxation programme and has an excellent reputation worldwide.
- Intensive training: This programme takes almost 12 full months to be completed, unlike other typical 10-month programmes. This intensive, challenging programme will provide you with a thorough and holistic learning experience.
- Beautiful, convenient location: The Law School is housed in two beautifully restored historic buildings located in the old centre of Leiden. We also have teaching and research facilities close to international legal institutions in The Hague.
- Superior research resources: As a student, you will have access to the excellent law library and other Leiden University libraries. You will also be able to make use of other libraries, such as those of the Asser Institute, the Peace Palace Library in The Hague, which hosts the International Court of Justice, and the Library of the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation in Amsterdam.
Studying at Leiden Law School
Leiden Law School offers challenging, top quality education with many opportunities for talent to flourish. The law school is internationally orientated and has many contacts with universities, political bodies and the professional field. Our teaching staff combine a solid academic basis with current knowledge in the professional field. As a result the study programmes offered are versatile, topical and socially relevant. With our additional location in The Hague we are in close proximity to the political and international organisations that operate in the areas of law, justice and policy-making.
Study at a world-class university
Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands and enjoys an excellent worldwide reputation built up over more than four centuries. Since 1575 we’ve provided sound personal education for hundreds of thousands of students. We’ll do our utmost to give you the best possible support. And if you can and want to do more, we’ll challenge you every step of the way. For many years, we’ve been among the leaders in Dutch university rankings and we are currently to be found in a variety of top international rankings too.
More reasons to choose Leiden University