Biomedical Sciences Education (MSc)
- Dutch, English
- Part of
- Biomedical Sciences (MSc)
In the Biomedical Sciences Education specialisation you gain knowledge and skills in the area of teaching in biology. After succesfull completion of the specialisation you obtain a teaching certificate recognised by the Dutch authorities. Fluency in Dutch is requirered for this program!
The common part of the programme for all students of MSc Biomedical Sciences consists of:
- A 20-week research traineeship in a laboratory;
- A number of theoretical and thematic (Frontiers of Science) courses;
- A course on how to write a research proposal;
- A course on clinical research in practice;
- A course on scientific conduct.
In addition, the specialisation in Education (the other 60 EC) includes:
- courses on general biology (offered by the Faculty of Sciences);
- components of the teacher education programme (offered by the Leiden University Graduate School of Teaching (ICLON));
- and a traineeship as a biology teacher in a secondary school.
For the most up to date course overview, see the the e-Prospectus.
The common part of the programme for all students of MSc Biomedical Sciences specialisation education consists of the following educational methods: lectures, workgroups, (computer) practical sessions, self-study exercises, tutorials and research internships. Depending on your choice of electives other educational methods will be offered.
The Master program Biomedical sciences offers special support groups for students. You may contact the professors in this support group in case you need advice in making choices with regards to the possibilities within the master’s program.
For general information concerning the possibilities within the master and advice with respect to the scheduling of your master’s program: Dr. J. van der Zee (J.van_der_Zee@lumc.nl) and P.J.A. van den Broek (P.J.A.van_den_Broek@lumc.nl).
For all your study related questions, among others concerning procedures, organisation of your studies and personal circumstances, you can contact the study advisor: Bianca Hogers (B.Hogers@lumc.nl)