Arts and Culture (research) (MA)
Create a world of opportunities with a master's degree from Leiden University.
What our graduates do
As a graduate of the master's programme in Arts and Culture (Research), you are prepared for a career in a wide variety of fields such as museums, galleries, cultural institutions or (art) libraries and archives. It is also possible to find employment within the publishing and general media sectors, within the art trade, in journalism and public relations. You are also in a strong position to enter a top PhD programme and a research-oriented career.
Recent graduates are working with companies such as Hoogsteder & Hoogsteder, Sdu Publishers, Haags Gemeentemuseum, the Repeat Group, Gavelers Auctioneers and Lyppens.
Other examples include:
- Project officer at an art museum
- Project coordinator at an advertising agency
- Coordinator/lecturer in art theory and practice at an art academy
- Marketing and product manager/assistant at a company producing designer glasses
- Project officer at a foundation promoting regional artists
- PhD candidate at Leiden University
- Gallery assistant for modern art at an art school
- Auctioneer at an online auction house
- Curator at a museum
- Collections manager at a natural history museum
A Leiden University degree
Leiden University master's graduates are sought-after employees at (inter)national organisations. Our graduates are known for their combination of robust academic training, in-depth and relevant knowledge, and critical, multidisciplinary approach to problem-solving.