How to apply
The Housing Office can help you to find a room or apartment in the Leiden or The Hague area. Find out about eligibility requirements and how to submit a housing application.
Who can apply for assistance
You can request assistance from Leiden University Housing Office if you are an international student and will follow one of the following programmes at Leiden University:
• Bachelor programme
• Master programme
• Exchange or Study Abroad programme
• Pre-sessional English course
• Leiden University College (LUC)
Unfortunately we are unable to offer housing assistance to Dutch students – with the exceptions of students attending Leiden University College.
Follow this handy step-by-step guide to apply for accommodation via Leiden University’s Housing Office.
Your first step is to apply online for admission to a Bachelor, Master or Study Abroad/Exchange programme at Leiden University. In our online application system you will be asked to indicate whether your require assistance in finding accommodation.
There is no need to await the outcome of your application for admission. You are welcome to begin working on your housing application right away. Don’t leave it too late.
After applying for admission, you can request accommodation via the Housing Office. To do so, submit an online housing application form and pay the housing application fee before the relevant deadline.
Housing application deadline
Make sure to submit both your housing fee and housing application form before the deadline below:
- 1 June: if you will commence your studies in August/September
- 15 November: if you will commence your studies in January/February
Housing application fee
- Pay the €350 housing application fee online
- After making payment, send proof of payment to the Housing Office
Housing application form
Important note: Availability and allocation policy
Please be aware that there is limited availability of student accommodation in Leiden and The Hague. When applying for accommodation via Leiden University Housing Office, it is important to bear the following in mind:
- The Housing Office unfortunately cannot guarantee accommodation to all students who request housing.
- Accommodation is allocated on a ‘first come first served’ basis. Your place on the housing list is determined by the date on which your housing fee is received.
- We will do our utmost to allocate you a room in your preferred city and price range, however this may not always be possible.
- You will receive one offer of accommodation only. We are unable to send a second offer if the first offer does not meet your expectations.
- You will be offered accommodation in either Leiden or The Hague, subject to availability.
After submitting your application and fee, you will be placed on the housing list. Here’s what happens next.
- Once the housing deadline has passed, the Housing Office will begin allocating rooms. Accommodation will be allocated in chronological order, i.e. according to the date on which you paid your housing fee.
- You will receive an offer of accommodation up to 8 weeks after the housing deadline. Make sure to check your emails regularly so you don’t miss our offer!
If there are no rooms available, you will be notified by email and your housing fee will be refunded.
- Let us know within 5 working days, by email, whether you wish to accept the offer of accommodation.
- After accepting the offer, you will receive an email with your housing contract and a letter explaining further procedures.
- Please sign and return your contract (and other requested documents) according to the instructions in the email.
- Before arrival: pay your rent and any other costs.
- If you are not able to send us your signed contract (and other documents) before arrival: schedule an appointment to sign your contract upon arrival. Remember to bring along valid ID. Please request an appointment at least 5 days before arrival via the links below:
Upon arrival, all that remains to do is collect your keys.
Collecting your keys
You can collect the keys to your accommodation from the DUWO office, from 13.00 onwards on the first working day within your contract period, unless otherwise communicated to you by the Housing Office.
When planning your arrival date, please bear in mind you can only collect your keys on weekdays during office hours. Picking up the keys before the agreed date is not possible