Environmental Policy Plan
Sustainability within Leiden University manifests itself in three different areas: business operations, teaching and research. We aim to communicate as openly as possible on these issues.
The objectives of Leiden University's 2015-2016 Environmental Policy Plan are as follows:
- to reduce the direct environmental impact arising from the activities of the University to as low a level as possible, minimally to that of other comprehensive universities.
- to substantially strengthen the visibility of and participation in environmental and sustainability policies by students, staff and the local environment.
- To reduce the CO2 footprint of the University by 50 per cent in the coming five years.
Achieving these aims
To achieve these objectives, Leiden University is focusing on:
- improving its environmental and sustainability performance by means of 6 themes:
- procurement and investments
- sustainability needs to be further integrated into the University's core teaching and research tasks.
- stimulating, implementing and safeguarding initiatives so that the activities and results of our environmental and sustainability policy will be broadly visible, supported and recognised.
Take a look a the different topics to get an update on the current status of our goals.