Environmental Policy Plan
Leiden University works on sustainabilty in three particular areas: business operations, teaching and research. We also communicate on this issue with students, staff and external partners to explain what we are doing and to promote awareness of sustainability.
The objectives of Leiden University's 2015-2016 Environmental Policy Plan are as follows:
- to further reduce our direct environmental impact to as low a level as possible, minimally to that of other comprehensive universities.
- to strengthen the visibility of and participation in environmental and sustainability policies by students, staff and the local environment.
- To reduce the carbon footprint of the University by 50 per cent in the coming five years.
Achieving these aims
To achieve these objectives, Leiden University is focusing on:
- Improving its environmental and sustainability performance by means of 6 themes:
- Procurement and investments
- Further integrating sustainability into the University's core tasks: teaching and research.
- Ftimulating, implementing and safeguarding initiatives so that the activities and results of our environmental and sustainability policy will be broadly visible, supported and recognised.
You can read more about these topics on this website: Leiden University's Environmental Policy Plan.