You can find below all updates pertaining to LUC specifically realted to Corona updates.
You can find more information on what is being done and updates regarding the Coronavirus at Leiden University centrally here.
LUC will publish all Coronavirus updates related specficially to LUC itself, here if they differ from the regular updates from the University.
LUC has decided that the upcoming semester will be in principle online, and offering a hybrid model if the situation allows, and depending on the instructor. Thef final decision document contains information on:
The starting points, what LUC offers, and how LUC will deliver it.
LUC Online Viewbook
How have students and staff been experiencing online learning/teaching thus far? Read some of the stories!LUC Online viewbook
If one of the conditions on your conditional admission statement is submitting sufficient proof of your English proficiency, please view below which tests and scores LUC accepts. Behind each score is listed how you need to provide the Admissions Office with your results. After the Admissions Office has verified your results, the status will be changed to ‘Completed’. Your English proficiency test needs to be verified before the end of July.
|English Test||Minimum Overall Score||Minimum Component Score||Submitting Your score|
|TOEFL IBT||100||22||Paper copy from ETS Institutional code is 6342|
|IELTS||7.0||6.5||A digital copy of the certificate with all text and verification codes clearly visible|
|Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)||185||176||Send your results through Candidate Result Website|
|Cambridge C2 Proficieny(CPE)||185||176||Send your results through Candidate Result Website|
As in many countries test centers are closed and opportunities to retake tests are limited, if you do not meet the criteria stated above, we encourage you to look at the options TOEFL offers online with their special Home Edition. In most countries (except China and Iran), online options are being offered. You can register for one of those opportunities, to re-take a test, and submit your results before the end of July. If for some reason, retaking a test is not possible in your personal situation, please contat the admissions office.
Students obtaining the VWO Diploma have a separate English proficiency requirement: a final grade 8 for English on VWO (combination of SE and CE result). If you have already graduated and have not taken an English proficiency test before you applied for LUC, please contact the Admissions Office for further instructions on how to prove your English proficiency for admission.
Leiden University College The Hague usually does not offer the option to defer your offer for a later start date.
However, due to the exceptional circumstances caused by coronavirus, LUC The Hague will allow applicants who receive(d) an offer for the August 2020 intake to defer their offer to August 2021. Please keep the following in mind if you would like to make use of this exception for this year:
1. Inform LUC The Hague before 1 May 2020 (if you received an offer before this date), or by the date stated in your offer letter to accept your offer that you would like to defer your enrollment. You will also need to confirm your deferral by paying the campus fee deposit (your deferral will not be confirmed until the payment has been received).
Your place for August 2020 will be offered to another applicant. Your campus fee deposit will then be transferred for your start date in August 2021, it will not be refunded back to you. In the case you later decide to not enroll for August 2021, the campus fee will only be refunded if you withdraw before 1 May 2021.
2. You will have to register again via Studielink.: You will not need to re-apply, but you will need to register in Studielink again for enrolling in August 2021. Studielink opens in early October. You will then have to upload your (conditional) offer in the online application portal and submit a new application before 1 November 2020. We therefore encourage you to arrange your registration and submitting a new application as soon as Studielink opens in October 2020.
As many schools are closed, we understand that getting final transcripts and documents by post may not be possible in your situation.
We will accept final documents, or any certified document to be sent directly to us by e-mail. It must however be:
- sent by your school administration (not a teacher)
- it must be sent using the school administration's official email address
- it must contain your full name and student ID number (application number)
We will also accept documents without an official translation from the school or an official sworn translator, if you are unable to get this. We will do our best to accept most documents in their original language, but this will be on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the admissions office if you find yourself in this situation.
The travel advice from the Dutch Government is adjusted regularly, so please refer to the government websites listed below to inform yourself on the policy and advise from the government that best suits your personal situation.
Please take the advice on the wesbite before booking your travel plans.
FAQ's on Travel to The NetherlandsFAQ's on travel to the Netherlands
You should have received the following emails:
1. Information on policies and procedures about residential life at AvB during Coronta Times
2. Housing Office email regarding rent, payments and check-in date and time
3. Emal from DUWO on your housing contract
Please refer to THIS WEBSITE for all information regarding policies and proecdures around moving and and living at AvB during Corona times. This website will be updated and used for this purpose.
Incoming Student Survey
All incoming students need to fill out this survey. Please refer to the emails listed above, as you will need this information to fill out the survey.Survey