Math Diagnostic Exam & Remedial Math Course
Math Diagnostic Exam
If you do not have the required mathematics results or mathematics at the required level, you are still allowed to start at LUC The Hague, but will be required to take an (online) Mathematics Diagnostic Exam at the start of the academic year. This exam is meant to assess your mathematics level. It provides an indication whether more training is needed in order to be able to successfully complete the compulsory mathematics course in the second semester of the first year.
The online Mathematics Diagnostic Exam is scheduled on Wednesday 1 September 2021 at 13:00 and is free of charge for students. Students who will need more training will be advised to take either the two- or three-week Remedial Math course based on the diagnostics exam results.
In order to successfully complete LUC’s Mathematics course, students must be able to comprehend the following skills, as well as being able to combine those:
- Basic algebra (fractions, roots, and exponentials)
- Linear and quadratic functions and their graphs
- Basic exponential and logarithmic functions
- Basic trigonometric identities
- Inequalities and derivatives
These are the skills that will be assessed in the Mathematics Diagnostic exam and further trained in the Remedial Mathematics course.
Remedial Math Course
- Three-week course starts on 10 January and will end on 28 January with an exam. The course is each workday from 14:00 to 17:00.
- Two-week course starts on 17 January and will end on 28 January with an exam. The course is each workday from 10:00 to 13:00.
Other Math Courses and additional preparation
- English Math A, Online or In Class (two options): 1 June – 16 July, each morning on working days
- English Math A, Online: 21 June – 5 August, each afternoon on working days
- Dutch Wiskunde A, Online or In Class (two options): 1 June – 16 July, each morning on working days
- Dutch Wiskunde A, In class: 21 June – 5 August, each morning on working days
- English Mathematics Basis B, Online: 14 May – 28 May, each morning on working days
- Dutch Wiskunde B, Online or In Class (two options): 14 May – 28 May, each morning (online) or afternoon (in class) on working days
- Dutch Wiskunde B, In Class: 12 August – 25 August, each morning on working days