Moving Days 2022
Moving Week will take place between 20-21 August 2022. In order to prepare yourself for your Moving Day, we want to share with you some more info, and what to expect before this date. DUWO - our student housing partner that deals with LUC's housing will be in touch with you in the summer to start arranging housing contracts. You will sign your contract and receive your room number and floor during the summer. On your Moving Day you will pick up your keys.
What you need to expect from this process is the following:
- You will receive an allocated check-in day and time via email through firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that you will not be able to move in anytime beforehand nor can select a day yourself.
- You will receive your log-in details for the DUWO environment from DUWO together with all necessary information on how to sign your rent agreement and the first month rent. You will receive and sign your rent agreement online. (If you have applied using your school email please send us another email where this contract can be sent to).
- Keys will be distributed by DUWO during your assigned time-slot.
There are different packages you will receive on moving-in day and/or you can request to receive.
Bed linen package (supplied in plastic container that can be used for storage afterwards). All students will be required to pay this one-time package.
- Pillow, cover 100% cotton, filling polyester
- Duvet; Ticking 100% cotton, filling polyester
- Duvet cover with tuck-in strip, 100% cotton
- Fitted sheet 100% cotton
- Pillowcase 100% cotton
- Molton 50% cotton 50% polyester
The ordering of kitchen + cleaning package will be possible at a later date. The information below is subject to change.
Kitchen package (supplied in plastic container that can be used for storage afterwards)
- Stainless steel pan with lid 2ltr
- Wok pan ø 24 cm
- Flat plate ø 24 cm, deep plate ø 21 cm, breakfast / soup bowl, ø 18 cm
- Water glass
- Meat cleaver
- Cutlery: 1 fork, 1 knife, 1 spoon,
- Serving spoon
- Vegetable peeler
- Cutting board
- 2 pan coasters
- Bottle / waiter opener / corkscrew
- Kitchen towel 100% cotton
- Tea towel 100% cotton
- Toilet set (brush and holder)
- Toilet roll
- Microfiber cloth
- Bottle of induction plate cleaner 250 ml, product description English
- Bottle of washing-up liquid 250 ml, ecolabel, product description English
- Bottle of all-purpose cleaner 250 ml, ecolabel, product description English
- Shower wiper (window wiper)
If you order the kitchen+cleaning package you will also receive:
- Mug with DUWO logo
- 2 x instant coffee bag black / cappuccino
- 5 x tea bag
- 5 x sugar
- 5 x milk powder sticks
- Herb spreader with salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika and curry powder
- Bottle of olive oil 125 ml
- Bottle of vinegar 125 ml
You can sign up for these packages throuhg the Incoming Student Survey. You will be sent a separate payment for this.
Logistics of The Day
Your studio apartments will be fully furnished, and will contain all the necessities. More detailed information can be found here.
However, if you plan to bring other items from home, especially big furniture, we recommend for you to plan to do this at a later date after Intro Week. During your check-in time, you will only have 1 hour to park at the square in-front of LUC. It will be very busy, and therefore access to the lifts will be limited. There will be plenty of time for you to pimp up your apartments after this day.
Please do not bring bulky items on Moving Day! To avoid long waiting lines for the elevators, only bring the necessities on Moving Day, and plan to move heavier items, such as furniture, another day. Your room will have all the furniture and facilities you need.
Paid parking is available all day at Q-Park opposite Anna van Buerenplein (please note height restrictions to the covered parking apply). For unloading cars there will be an assigned area next to the building . You can use the space to unload your car within the allocated timeslot. Please be aware that only a few cars are allowed to enter the square for safety reasons.
Do you arrive on another day? Then this temporary parking space will be closed off by traffic bollards. These are lowered on the following days and times (subject to change):
Monday to Friday: 5-7 AM and 10-11.30 AM
Saturday: 6.00-11.30 AM
Sunday: 6:00-11:30 AM
To apply for an exemption you can request it here at the Municipality.
Plan your journey with public transportation in The Netherlands via 9292.nl . It includes the schedules for trains, trams, metros, and busses.