Alumni who don’t live in the Netherlands can keep in touch with Leiden University in several different ways. The university provides various services that will help you in your career, for instance, such the Mentor Network and the University Library databases.
Leiden never leaves you
Leiden University offers a wide range of services and activities for its alumni who live abroad.
- Young alumni can contact the Career Service for career, job application and networking advice. The LU Career Zone provides tips that can be put into practice straight away.
- Alumni can use the Mentor Network, either to ask questions or to offer advice to others. More than 1,000 mentors are now ready to help students and young alumni as they set out in their careers. You can also become a mentor yourself, helping to answer student questions.
- Alumni have access to a number of databases at Leiden University Libraries, which can help them keep up to date with their research field.
- The university organises activities abroad: keep an eye on our events for alumni meetings or come to one of our Cleveringa Meetings in November.
- We like to keep in touch with our alumni. Keep up with the latest news at Leiden University and our alumni by signing up for the Alumni newsletter. You can also keep in touch with your Leiden network through our LinkedIn group.
- Want to relive graduation day? Track down your signature in the Digital Sweat Room and see which alumni (famous or not) have signed their name next to yours.
Get involved with your alma mater
If you would like to get involved with Leiden University and are considering giving something back, why not donate to the Leiden University Fund (LUF)? Your contribution will help give researchers and talented students the opportunity to carry out their projects thus supporting the University’s growth and development. With the help of our donors, over 100 students were able to go abroad for their studies, 55 student activities were given a grant and over 30 teaching and research projects received support in 2019.
Help your alma mater flourish
By donating to the LUF, you support the teaching and research at Leiden University.More information